cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fxnetsky
Punch Card
Views: 356
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad Yoga 20C0 - Can system board cause BSOD errors?

I have a Lenovo Think Pad Yoga running Windows 7 32 bit.

I kept getting this message at boot up: "a disk read error occurred. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

The first few times it restarted and booted up normally.

Finally I got the BSOD. After trying a few fixes with no luck and unable to get around the BSOD, I decided to reimage the computer.

The reimage failed multiple times with this error in the deployment failure message: "Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt."

So I figured I had a bad hard drive. I replaced the hard drive with a new one, but when I went to put our image on the new hard drive - I got the same failures.

I took the new HD out and put it another working Yoga, and I was able to image it with no problems or errors. Now that I know it's not a HD issue, I'm wondering could something on the system board be to blame?

I'm confused because all the error messages seemed to point to problems on the HD.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 354
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can system board cause BSOD errors?

Possible cable/connector or as you guessed mainboard issue. You should better contact support for replacement

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
fxnetsky
Punch Card
Views: 351
Message 3 of 5

That's what I plan to do. I'm just wondering, given the types of errors I got, was I wrong to first go with the idea of a bad Hard Drive? Is there anything else I could have done that would have pointed to it being something other than the Hard Drive?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 334
Message 4 of 5

Your system comes with HDD or SSD?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
fxnetsky
Punch Card
Views: 308
Message 5 of 5