Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bracco23
Fanfold Paper
Views: 208
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad Yoga (20CD) can't go to sleep or properly shutdown

Long story short, i erased everything and performed a clean install of Windows 10 64bit and the computer stopped shutting down or going into sleep mode.

I had Windows 8.1 64bit, i upgraded it to Windows 10 about a year ago, when it first came out. The upgrade went almost fine, some bit issue with the OS but nothing serious, so i went on till i decided, to correct those little issues, to perform a clean install just after the Anniversary Update coming out.

So i downloaded the media creation tool and erased everything, but keeping the recovery partition.

After the install, i started having troubles with entering sleeping mode or shutting down the laptop.

I installed the power management driver i found on the site (n1cku04w). With that I can shut down even if it strangely blinks a few times before shutting down. I can enter sleep mode and wake it up properly if I do it from the start menu, but if i close the laptop or try using the power button takes me to a state where OS is sleeping and HW is still awake, so i can't do anything apart from force it off.

Strangely too, the driver on the site is overriden from another version i recieve from System Update app. But, with the version from System Update app, i can't even shut it down properly, the OS dies but the HW is still awake and fully functioning leading me to kill it pressing the Power Button.

Anybody have faced the same issue? If somebody with the same laptop still has Windows 8.1 can he tell me, somehow, which version of the driver has? I have already installed a lot of apps and downloaded 40+GB of Dropbox files, recovering from the partition would be a pain.

Top Kudoed Authors