Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-13-2015

Germany

2 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad Yoga 20CD00E2GE touchscreen makes creaking noises

2015-07-13, 11:47 AM

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the Thinkapd Yoga and was pretty excited about the touchscreen and the ability to just fold the laptop together and use it as a notepad.

Problem

Unfortunately the touchscreen does not seem to be properly fixed in place. At the bottom right quarter the frame of the screen dents in and makes creaking noises as soon as you rest your hand on it to write with the digitizer pen. The sound does not appear when the screen frame is just touched lighty. But as soon as you press down a little more (i.e. rest your hand normally while writing) the screen frame makes creaking sounds and the color on the screen close to the spot on the frame touched changes. Again: this is only apparent in the bottom right quarter of the screen frame. The same pressure applied to another part of the screen does not cause it to creak or change colors.

Question

Does anybody else experience this problem?

As the warranty does not have experied as of yet: Do you think this can be fixed or is it a inherent problem whithin the thinkpad yoga series?

I did not find any similar problems whith the search function on here which makes me believe that this might just have been a singular manufacturing problem concerning my laptop. Thank you for your answers in advance and have a great day.

Flo

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms