Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
20cdmuk
Paper Tape
Views: 393
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad Yoga (20cd or s1) tablet mode wifi problem

Hi
I purchased the Lenovo 20cd000muk thinkpad yoga (or s1 in some countries).
I noted that in tablet mode, the wi-fi connection get lost, the wi-fi disabled, and it is not possible
to scan the network or connect the device.
So I have no wi-fi in tablet mode, but in laptop mode everything works fine, with no issues.
From Lenovo datasheets I had noticed that the wi-fi antennas are in the rear of the display,
and I've read in other threads about x220 and other products that the problem (in tablet mode) have no solution,
i.e. it's like a manufacture problem.

Now, I ask all this model owners, and the administrators or technicians: can you confirm that this a
problem related with this specific model, or your thinkpads yoga 20cd can connect normally
in tablet mode?
Is there a possible solution?

Thank you for your help.
20cdmuk
Paper Tape
Views: 331
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga (20cd or s1) tablet mode wifi problem

Nobody?

Neither TP Yoga owners?

For tablet mode i mean the physical situation, when I rotate the screen over the back of keyboard, ad not the software option which can be activate from the right lower corner of the desktop.

I only want to know if it's a problem of my own notebook or it's a common problem that afflicts ever Tp yoga or notebooks with the same 360 degree design, and if there is a solution.

Thanks

Downlinx
Paper Tape
Views: 317
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga (20cd or s1) tablet mode wifi problem

I have experienced this quite a bit in the last week and I have not been able to to find the root cause of why the WIFI card disappears. The only thing that has been working on getting wireless back up and running on the yoga laptops is clicking the hardware reset button on the bottom of the laptop below the exhaust fan vent.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors