Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DickyAhmad
Fanfold Paper
Views: 239
Message 1 of 6

Thinkpad Yoga 260 Won't Turn On After Long Turn Off

Immediately, I use Thinkpad Yoga 260 and now have a problem when it is turned off, then the next day my laptop turns on it doesn't want to turn on again. I pressed the power button, it just turned on the keyboard light for a while then died without having time to enter bios especially into Windows (the screen didn't have time to turn on). All indicator lights are on. 

Some of what I did;

1. Press the reset button. This once managed to make my laptop turn on again, but then it had no effect.

2. Also i update all software and Bios, but still forced same problem, then,
3. I disassemble the laptop, pull out some connectors such as batteries, keyboards, and more. Some of these steps succeeded, until finally the problem arose and I went to the laptop service in my city.
4. There was a slight problem with the supply of electric current on the motherboard and it was successfully fixed and my laptop turned on again. However, after one day the problem reappeared after the laptop was turned off. Luckily, my service place provides a one-month guarantee. But, I have returned to the service area with the same problem (more than 5 times). According to them, my motherboard has no problems, as well as other hardware.

I still don't get the cause with this problem often arises. Sometimes a laptop can turn on only by pressing the reset button or opening the battery connector or plugging in the power cord and then I wait a while while the laptop is charging, and ... my laptop is back on! But, once it was turned off for a long time (let say more than 1 hour-a day), I got the same problem again Smiley Sad

ekisukmars
Fanfold Paper
Views: 181
Message 2 of 6

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 260 Won't Turn On After Long Turn Off

I just recently want to buy this unit. Do you still have this problem ? Please let me know, and if not "how did u fix this problem ? I saw you at bukalapak, sama-sama orang bandung bro
DickyAhmad
Fanfold Paper
Views: 176
Message 3 of 6

Halo, I'm still not 'dealing' with this problem. Today, I bring that laptop to my service place (again). They said that I need to wait 'till tomorrow or more, so I disabled my post at Bukalapak. Actually, my laptop seller offering me to repair that thing. (Tapi seller gue di Batam bro, meskipun trusted tapi jauh gak bisa kepantau, jadiin pelajaran aja) I guess ,this is not common problem with Yoga 260, because i'm very satisfied with performance of this laptop so far (when it on).
ekisukmars
Fanfold Paper
Views: 171
Message 4 of 6

Dang! That's what I'm afraid, the problem is all over the internet with exactly the same issue.

Where did you service your unit ?

Good news is performance still satisfied. I'm still considering to buy this model.

Did u doing any upgrade software after buying the unit ?

(Ah pegel gw bahasa inggris, mana masih ngaco wkwk)
DickyAhmad
Fanfold Paper
Views: 155
Message 5 of 6

Just updating win 10.

I service the laptop in Bandung IT. The service is quite good. But, for my case, it seems they just facing it. So, they still discovering to solve that problem.

Performance it's so ENAK BANGET. Physical is also good for high mobility. I just got bad luck hahaha...

(Wasapan aja dah, nol lapan satu sembilan tiga satu tripel tiga satu nol satu).
ekisukmars
Fanfold Paper
Views: 123
Message 6 of 6

alright bro udah di save, I'll give you message. @ekillust 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors