Did you mean: 
EtienneDaloze
Paper Tape
Views: 1,590
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Yoga 260 battery

Hello,

I bought a Yoga 260 about 3 month ago (i5-6300, 16gb ram, Windows 10 64 bit);

I'm happy with the overall performance, but I'm far from working the announced 7 hours of work on the battery. 3 to 4 would be more representative of may experience, even in "eco" mode.

Any idea how I could further check if someting's wrong, draining my battery ? Or would it be possible to extend the battery, or find a bigger capacity that would suit the machine, even at some cost (price, of course, but weight, or "foldability") ?

Thanks for your advice.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,577
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 260 battery

A lot of factors go into battery run time, such as CPU usage and speed, type of work being done, amount of memory, types of storage, screen brightness, and even ambient temperature (warmer air = more fan = more power drain).  With the ambient light sensor, the screen will tend to stay brighter in a bright room.  If you work on a soft surface like a chair or a bed, the vents on the bottom will be obstructed and the fan will run more.

I have never been able to match the advertised battery life on any  laptop from any manufacturer, so I always assume my usage is different from what is "expected".  My Yoga 260 is an i7, which uses a little more power, and I also have 16GB of memory.  I usually am in a bright room and I often work on a soft surface.  I get about 4 hours' usage, but that is usually as long as I am staying in one place.  I just plug it in for a while.  It does charge quickly.  As far as a bigger battery, I have looked inside, and I do not think that is possible.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
EtienneDaloze
Paper Tape
Views: 1,553
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your answer.
If there's no way to get an additional / bigger capacity battery, do you think a powerbank would do the job ? see for example http://techchits.com/powerbanks/50000-mah-power-bank/ ;
any feedback about the usability or any comment about this idea ?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,541
Message 4 of 4

I have never used one. You need 20V.  I have no idea if there is an adapter to connect to the power input port.  Nothing in the linked material to indicate the maximum power draw (amps out at 20V).

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors