Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Musty
Paper Tape
Views: 336
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad Yoga 260 keyboard breakdown

My keyboard on my Tinkpad Yoga 260 is deteriorating - key by key, stops working - I have to to hit them extremely hard to get it to work - more and more keys work like this. I've tried to call support over and over again and before I reach a person the menu system hangs up - over and over again. I'm desperate. Its only one year + old. Yes I use it a lot and I've only had thinkpads since 2003. This is the worst Thinkpad product I've had - that is - all the others have been great :-) I believe the whole keyboard must be exchanged, after only one year - key by key stops working. And I cannot get hold of support. Please anybody out there with some good advice. Have to find a solution. Thanks in advance for help.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 275
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 260 keyboard breakdown

It sounds like the keyboard is sick.  Repair of a key or a group of keys is not practical.  The newer compact laptops (like yours) come apart through the bottom, and require a complete disassembly to get at the keyboard.  I hope you chose the option of the 3-year warranty.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Starlight5
SCSI Port
Views: 246
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 260 keyboard breakdown

@Musty while replacing keyboard on 260 requires a complete disassembly of lower case, it is not too hard. New US keyboard costs $30 on eBay. Hardware maintenance manual is here. Get some thermal paste - I personally recommend Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut - since you'll need to remove and then reapply heatsink as well.

Top Kudoed Authors