Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Musty
Paper Tape
Views: 392
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad Yoga 260 keyboard breakdown

My keyboard on my Tinkpad Yoga 260 is deteriorating - key by key, stops working - I have to to hit them extremely hard to get it to work - more and more keys work like this. I've tried to call support over and over again and before I reach a person the menu system hangs up - over and over again. I'm desperate. Its only one year + old. Yes I use it a lot and I've only had thinkpads since 2003. This is the worst Thinkpad product I've had - that is - all the others have been great :-) I believe the whole keyboard must be exchanged, after only one year - key by key stops working. And I cannot get hold of support. Please anybody out there with some good advice. Have to find a solution. Thanks in advance for help.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 331
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 260 keyboard breakdown

It sounds like the keyboard is sick.  Repair of a key or a group of keys is not practical.  The newer compact laptops (like yours) come apart through the bottom, and require a complete disassembly to get at the keyboard.  I hope you chose the option of the 3-year warranty.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Starlight5
SCSI Port
Views: 302
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 260 keyboard breakdown

@Musty while replacing keyboard on 260 requires a complete disassembly of lower case, it is not too hard. New US keyboard costs $30 on eBay. Hardware maintenance manual is here. Get some thermal paste - I personally recommend Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut - since you'll need to remove and then reapply heatsink as well.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors