Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyberboris
Fanfold Paper
Views: 840
Message 1 of 9

Thinkpad Yoga 260 slow when AC adapter plugged in

Hi,

My Y260 is having a weird trouble which I believe is hardware/motherboard related : whenever I plug the power supply, the CPU steps down to 0.38GHz... This is 1/6th of the full 2.3GHz the i5-6200U can provide, and the CPU is stuck at 16% use, which is 1/6th of 100%.

If I unplug the AC adapter then the machine shuts down as if it had no battery. If I start it without an AC adapter then the CPU uses the full 2.3GHz and everything is fine, until I plug it in !

I already tried disabling Intel Speedstep or any power saving stuff onto the BIOS, and I ran every Lenovo hardware tests and everything seems OK.

Do someone have any idea about what I could try ?

If none, I will have to call Lenovo (46 days of warranty left !) but I would prefer not Smiley Happy I need my Thinkpad for my job.

Thanks,

Boris (from France so excuse my english)

cyberboris
Fanfold Paper
Views: 804
Message 2 of 9

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 260 slow when AC adapter plugged in

Some news : the Thinkpad is supposed to charge, as the plug icon appears on the battery icon, but it is not charging. I'm stuck at 22% battery left, I tried :

- 4 different chargers 45W / 60W / 90W which are working on anther PC

- resetting the laptop with the reset hole

- charging the laptop when switched off

But nothing works...

I'm gonna call Lenovo tomorrow Smiley Sad

YuMiz
What's DOS?
Views: 762
Message 3 of 9

Hi My Y260 also has the same problem for a few weeks.

(this started after I recovered the Win10 OS and adapted the updates.)

When I disable a battery and then start PC, it works fine but after a few reboots, the issue comes back.

This happens when AC is connected but not charging....

Did you solve the problem??   

cyberboris
Fanfold Paper
Views: 746
Message 4 of 9

No my problem is not solved and I couldn't find a solution.

I still have to call Lenovo, I will tell you what they think it is.

cyberboris
Fanfold Paper
Views: 716
Message 5 of 9

I gave Lenovo a call, and they asked me to update these :

Lenovo Power Management driver for Windows 10 (version 1.67.12.24 / 19 Apr 2017) => I reinstalled it OK

Power Manager for Windows 7/Vista (version 6.68.14 / 08 Aug 2017) => Cannot be installed on my Windows 10

BIOS Update Utility (version 1.63 / 27 Dec 2017) => Already up to date, cannot be reinstalled

Unfortunately nothing changed : I restarted my Yoga260 and the CPU is still locked at 0,38GHz, the power adapter still said to be plugged but not charging, and the remaining battery left is only 15%...

I will send them the results as I couln't do it by phone, my PC is so slow.

You can try to update these, perhaps you will have a better luck than mine Smiley Happy

YuMiz
What's DOS?
Views: 691
Message 6 of 9

Thank you for update.

Also those procedures did not work for my Y260.

When I disable the battery from BIOS then plug an AC, it always solves the problem for a while...

So I will leave it....

cyberboris
Fanfold Paper
Views: 671
Message 7 of 9

Lenovo told me the motherboard was faulty, and asked me to provide my invoice by email (they could not find the machine's details). Even if there is no detail of the machine on the invoice, I sent it two times on monday 12th then another on tuesday 13th, but I kept receiving postmaster deliveries error...

I gave Lenovo a call yesterday, they are nice people BTW, and they explained that the ibm.co.uk mail server was currently buggy and that they will send me an email when it is up and running again... Then they will be able to receive the invoice, which in turn will hopefully help them finding what are my Yoga260's details.

It's becoming to be a long time without being able to use my Yoga... In the meantime I am using my old X1 Carbon.

cyberboris
Fanfold Paper
Views: 610
Message 8 of 9

Lenovo sent me this morning an email explianing that my case has been closed.... They probably forgot to send me an email explaining that their mail server was up and running again. This is a bad customer experience, and I'm going to open a new case Smiley Sad

cyberboris
Fanfold Paper
Views: 586
Message 9 of 9

Things are going well : a tech from Lenovo is coming onsite on friday 23rd to change the (probably faulty) motherboard Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors