Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phughes200
Blue Screen Again
Views: 600
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Yoga 260 touch screen not working after replacement

I replaced the screen assembly (screen and digitizer) on my Thinkpad Yoga 260. The computer boots up and the display appears to work. However the touch screen and digitizer does not. When I go into the device manager-human interface-HID Compliant Touch Screen, the property box states: "Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer (code 45)".

I tried sesearching for new device without luck. Also tried checking for device updates and running the troubleshooting application without luck.

Any suggestion or did I get a bad screen?

FYI the orginal screen was a Innolux. the new screen is AUO. the new screen is listed as a compatiable with my system

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 590
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 260 touch screen not working after replacement

Did Lenovo replace the screen?

If you replaced it, did it come from Lenovo?  What is the FRU number?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
phughes200
Blue Screen Again
Views: 479
Message 3 of 4

I replaced it with a new screen purchased on EBay. I am well aware that EBay sellers will often pass off used parts as new but this screen had a manufacturing date of less than a year ago. Could be a bum screen. I would love to buy directly from Lenovo but the cost approaches the value of the system.

The new screen is labeled 00HN883. The FRU for the assembly (screen+digitizer+bezel) is not marked. Doing some research, I believe the assembly is FRU 01HY617 which is comapatiable with my system (20FES0LQ00). The orginal screen which was Innolux N125HCE-GN1 FRU 00NY418 is no lomger availiable.

wluu23
Paper Tape
Views: 123
Message 4 of 4

Did you ever got this fixed?  I'm having the exact problem after replacing just like you.  My old and new screen is exactly like yours but my Human Interface states its working.  However, I don;t have touchscreen.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors