cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scaramanga_WA
SCSI Port
Views: 516
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Yoga 370 Trackpoint Drift - Is there a solution?

I have a two year old Thinkpad Yoga 370 running Windows 10  that I just love, but over the last year it's developed incurable trackpoint drift.  I've tried adjusting the sensitivity updating every driver I can think of, but still nothing.  I've just disabled it because its so maddening.  If I turn it on it will work for a few minutes, but then it will drift the cursor to the lower left corner of the screen and wobble back and forth in a small area.  Applying steady pressure 'up' and 'left' for a few seconds appears to re-calibrate it somewhat but within a minute or two it does the same thing.  

Some questions:

On this machine, what hardware driver controls the trackpoint & who is the manufacturer?

Has anyone found a solution to this other than replacing the keyboard? (a frightful job)

I've heard of other users who replaced the keyboard and the trackpoint drift came right back again.  Surely Lenovo must have some way for us to solve this issue.

2017 Yoga 370 (personal) 2017 T570 (work), LG G6
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 483
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 370 Trackpoint Drift - Is there a solution?

Hi Scaramanga_WA,

Welcome to the community forums. 

Have you tried checking if the issue occurs in safe mode? We suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the ELAN driver and update the BIOS. You may download the drivers here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Scaramanga_WA
SCSI Port
Views: 352
Message 3 of 4

Thank you. My BIOS is up to date but I uninstalled the ELAN driver rebooted and re-installed the driver and it does work better. No more drift! I really appreciate the help.
2017 Yoga 370 (personal) 2017 T570 (work), LG G6
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 336
Message 4 of 4

We're glad to know that it worked for you. Feel free to reach us back at any time. Thanks for using our Community Forums.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors