Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
workoft
Paper Tape
Views: 512
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad Yoga 460 digitizer defective columns?

Hi,

Today (or last night, not sure) three columns of my TPY 460's digitizer seem to have stopped working. Two of them are right next to each other, the third one a little further to the right. (I'm guessing the number of columns by the distance of the small dots that you can see on the display when you look at it from an angle).

When I tap the pen onto the two defective columns, nothing happens, when I drag it across, it stops on one side and then jumps to the other. It's similar for the single column, but there isn't a complete stop and a jump, more of a non-linearity, the cursor moves slower, then faster, then slower again. For finger touch, the problem is similar.

Is this a common problem that can be fixed by properly plugging  some cables or should I return the computer? (It's a demopool device, so I have no warranty, but I can return it within two weeks without a reason).

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 436
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 460 digitizer defective columns?

Return it.  It sounds like a problem inside the panel.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors