Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrks
Paper Tape
Views: 1,428
Message 1 of 7

Thinkpad Yoga 460 glass cracked

Hello everyone, my Thinkpad Yoga 460 (P/N 20EM000VGE) got dropped and the biggest damage is the cracked screen. Everything else and especially the lcd is still fully functioning, only the touchscreen is not working (neither pen, nor finger). Moments after the drop, the touchscreen was registering "phantom touches" of the windows logo, which is just a few centimeters away from the point of impact. But that also has not happened again in the last few days. My question is, is there a replacement glass by Lenovo or can i use a replacement glass including digitizer from ebay (I can provide a link if needed and i'm allowed to post it)? I think it should be possible to heat the glass with a hair dryer to soften the glue and remove the glass from the lcd and replace it. Is that correct or am i missing something? I would rather not want to buy the whole display unit even though it would be easier to swap. If you need any further info just ask. Any help is appreciated. Best regards mrks
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,388
Message 2 of 7

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 460 glass cracked

Without a clean room and some very sophisticated equipment, it is impossible to replace the digitizer by itself.  You probably need a whole assembly.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
mrks
Paper Tape
Views: 1,380
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for your answer. Saved time and money. Is there an official parts store by lenovo were i can get the whole assembly (if it is important, my Laptop has just entered extended 3 year warrenty)? Otherwise i would order this part of amazon. (https://www.amazon.de/LCDOLED-Digitizer-Display-kompletteinheit-Thinkpad/dp/B01MXEQF3L/ref=sr_1_1?ie...). From what i have seen, the connectors on my broken display model look the same as the ones on this replacement part.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,351
Message 4 of 7

That picture looks like a a screen assembly.  That looks like the "sandwich" with the LCD panel AND the digitizer

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

mrks
Paper Tape
Views: 1,345
Message 5 of 7

Yes it is the whole assembly. I'm sorry I forgot that the title of the product was written in german, my bad. 'kompletteinheit' is a rough translation for 'assembly'. Is it sufficient to match only the first part of the product number (20EM)? As far as my understanding goes, there are different suffixes like 20EM-000VGE (what my p/n reads) or 20EM-000VAD, etc. Or are those just country codes (e.g. GE - Germany - german keyboard layout)? Thank you for your answer!
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,333
Message 6 of 7

The last 2 letters are country code.  There are different memory, SSD, GPU, etc configurations.  Do a google search for 20EM psref.

Rich

mrks
Paper Tape
Views: 1,314
Message 7 of 7

Thank you again for your answers. Cheers!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors