Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
altomonkey
Paper Tape
Views: 170
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad Yoga - Left headphone audio output decreased

I've had an unusual problem with my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga headphone audio output on two separate occasions.

About 4 months after I bought the laptop, I noticed that the Apple headphones, which I always used with this laptop, started putting out very low volume from the left earbud, but the right one sounded fine. I changed the L/R balance under speaker properties to increase volume from the L side, but it barely, if at all, increased it.

I thought the headphones were the issue, so I replaced them with brand new Apple headphones of the same exact type. I used those in this laptop for about 5 months with no issues, until today I noticed decreased volume output in the L earbud again. Also, a few days ago I noticed that slightly twisting the audio jack in the port caused fluctuations in the audio output in only the L earbud for some reason. Also, increasing the L to R balance actually causes the R earbud volume to increase, with no change on the L side...

I have uninstalled and updated to these drivers to no effect:

Speakers (Conexant SmartAudio HD) | Driver Version: 6.3.9600.16384 | Driver Date: 8/22/2013

Conexant SmartAudio HD |Driver Version: 8.65.9.0 | Driver Date: 10/18/2013

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors