cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gunar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,985
Message 2 of 6

Thinkpad Yoga: Pen and External Display (pen on wrong display)

I am very happy with my ThinkPad Yoga S1 and do like very much the digitizer pen capability. It works well (given some calibration issues) when the Yoga works without an external display. However, as soon as an external display is connected, the pen outputs always on the external display (and not the internal).

I have the yoga connected through OneLink Pro, and an external monitor connected to the display port. I am using both the internal screen as well as the external screen in the extended mode (i.e. not duplication). When I use the pen on the yoga screen, the actions appear on the external display (and not on the yoga screen). This is very confusing, as the pen actions don’t appear where I apply them.

I’ve attempted to set the yoga screen as the main screen, but did not have success. Also using DVI instead of display port did not help. I also tried it with three displays (internal, DVI, DP) all in the extended mode (it is nice that these setup as possible by the way), but the pen still it appears on the display port monitor.

In order to use the pen meaningfully, I do have to disconnect all external monitors and work only with the yoga screen.

Anybody has seen this? Is this an issue of the pen driver (all updated to the latest state) or the operating system (Windows 8.1, 64bit)?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Admin edit: Please take note that maybe some issue with date of posts due to merging two similar topics.

kaytho
What's DOS?
Views: 6,978
Message 1 of 6

Thinkpad Yoga, pen input, second monitor

Hey hey!

Im new here in this forum, i was looking for an answer for my problem, but i couldnt find one.

So here is whats going on:

I got a brand new Thinkpad Yoga with a One Link Dock and a second monitor.

When i try to work with the Wacom pen on the main monitor (the one of the thinkpad yoga) and hold the pen over it, or try to write on it, the coursor instantly sets to the second monitor (the attached one).

So i want to have the pen input on my main monitor, while i write on it and got the second monitor attached, like for reading or so.

I cant find options in this Windows 8 to fix this issue.

Under Linux it wouldnt be a problem, i found heaps of answers for that, but im sadly with windows.

If you even got experience with Linux on the Yoga, could you tell me if that works wel and if its possible to dual boot?

Thanks and kind regards - Kay

gunar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,974
Message 3 of 6

Re: Thinkpad Yoga: Pen and External Display (pen on wrong display)

Hello,

I realize (now too late) my post is very similar to:

Thinkpad Yoga, pen input, second monitor

Sorry for the duplicate post. Feel free to consolidate.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 6,948
Message 4 of 6

As far as we know, it's a Windows bug.

Microsoft addresses it here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/touch-pen-settings-faq

(see the 4th question)

gunar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,929
Message 5 of 6

Thanks a lot for pointing out the FAQ! After following the instructions you referenced, the pen output now correctly appears on the TP Yoga screen.

Thanks for your help!

gunar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,916
Message 6 of 6

Re: Thinkpad Yoga, pen input, second monitor

Hello, please see the solution at:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Edge-S-series/Thinkpad-Yoga-Pen-and-External-Display-pen-on-wro...

This worked in my case.

All the best!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors