cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,760

Question

I am very happy with my ThinkPad Yoga S1 with Windows 8.1, and like very much the digitizer pen capability. It works well (given some calibration issues) when the Yoga works without an external display.

However, as soon as an external display is connected (I"m using OneLink Pro to connect), the pen outputs always on the external display and not the internal (the yoga screen itself).

I’ve attempted to set the yoga screen as the main screen, but did not have success. Also using DVI instead of display port did not help. I also tried it with three displays (internal, DVI, DP) all in the extended mode (it is nice that these setup as possible by the way), but the pen still it appears on the display port monitor.

In order to use the pen meaningfully, I have to disconnect all external monitors and work only with the yoga screen.

There is no such issue under Linux though.

Anybody has seen this? Is this an issue of the pen driver (all updated to the latest state) or the operating system (Windows 8.1, 64bit)?

Answer

As far as we know, it is a Windows bug.

Microsoft addresses it here on the 4th question: Touch and pen settings: FAQ

Here i extracted the content from Microsoft:

If you have two monitors and one is a touchscreen, the touch input signal can get mixed up. For example, touching one monitor will make the cursor move on the other monitor. To fix the problem:

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

2. Enter Calibrate in the search box, and then tap or click Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input to open Tablet PC Settings.

3. Tap or click Setup, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

Tablet PC Settings
    (Tablet PC Settings)

Was this information helpful?

Comments
janeintoronto

I've done the above. (I have the same problem. I have to turn the external monitor on to see what I am doing, and then change the settings. Then I discovered the F7 button.) I can't say if the above measures to calibrate have worked, because the problem might have been internittent. However, I just turned my Yoga S1 Thinkpad running 64 bit Win8.1 on and it did corrently go to the built in monitor. Touch wood.