Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nico14
Paper Tape
Views: 258
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad Yoga Problem with Automatic Tablet Mode

Hello,

I have an issue with the laptop mistakenly thinking it's been flipped into tablet mode on my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga (Machine Type Model: 20CDS02C00). This tends to happen at degree about 100-120 degrees, which are still normal viewing angels.

The symptoms are that the keyboard and mousepad stop working, and occasionally the screen will also tilt to the left or right (portrait orientation) even though you are sitting completely level. The only way to force it back to standard laptop mode I have found is to put the computer in sleep mode, and turn it on again right after. This trick works about half the time. It does not work to put the screen back to a 90 degree viewing angle.

Is it possible to disable the automatic change from laptop to tablet mode to the other? How? 

Thanks as always for the amazing forum support!!

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 238
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad Yoga Problem with Automatic Tablet Mode

It sounds like the yoga mode sensor is going bad.  I believe you can make Windows stop changing the screen orientation by disabling auto-rotate in Action Center.  But I don't think you can disable the other things (like KB and mouse stop working) which happen at a lower level.  Wish I had a better answer for you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors