Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ch1z
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,676
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Yoga S1 - Newly replaced battery showing huge cycle count

Hi everyone.

Wondering if anyone can shed some light.

I've just successfully replaced a Thinkpad S1 (1st gen) with a genuine, suppose to be a "new" battery that I got from eBay. However, checking the Lenovo Settings app, I see the battery cycle count as 97 times. I was expecting 1 or any number less than 10.

Could it be that I got a used battery? Or I have to perform a battery reset (currently in progress) to get the accurate cycle count?

Appreciate any inputs. TIA!

My Lenovo laptops: 1) Thinkpad W541, 2) Thinkpad Yoga S1, 3) Thinkpad Edge, 4) Lenovo G770, 5) Thinkpad X61T, 6) Thinkpad T42
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,644
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Yoga S1 - Newly replaced battery showing huge cycle count

Good day.

I've never seen a new battery with cycles on it.

What's listed as the First used date, Design capacity, and Full charge capacity?

The battery reset won't "reset" the count. You should see it increase by 1.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,633
Message 3 of 4

Is this a "real" Lenovo battery or aftermarket? A lot of batteries from eBay are fakes.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
ch1z
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,576
Message 4 of 4

It's an official Lenovo-branded battery that someone got from depot repair that sent 2 batteries instead of just one.

Anyways, finally got the cycle count reset back to 1. Apparently, the battery reset procedure has to be done whenever one replaces the battery to get a more accurate cycle count. Thanks for the inputs guys!

My Lenovo laptops: 1) Thinkpad W541, 2) Thinkpad Yoga S1, 3) Thinkpad Edge, 4) Lenovo G770, 5) Thinkpad X61T, 6) Thinkpad T42

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors