Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
20ali20
What's DOS?
Views: 364
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad Yoga S1 - lower left and right click not working , trackpoint with taps not working

I just got a used thinkpad yoga s1
here is my issue despite all driver installs

using trackpoint I expected to use the upper area of touchpad for clicking or even tapping but it wont work

using the bottom of touchpad I expected at least the bottom right tap would show a right click which it doesnt

when I use the trackpoint the touchpad becomes unresponsive.

I used 2 drivers seaparately

1. first one made touchpad irresponsive on trackpoint use  but otherwise touchpad worked find without bottom left and right tap/click  and three finger swipping worked too

2. second one which was not the yoga s1 specific drivers  made the touchpad to work for tap and two finger tap for right click while using trackpoint but the upper area of touchpad was still irresponsive and no lower left and right corner tap/click   and  three finger swipping wasnt working

I have warranty and am waiting for a box to come to send it for a keybaord/touchpad replacement

but if anyone knows a way to fix it that saves me the time I gotta wait for lenovo to do this  please advice me on it

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 358
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad Yoga S1 - lower left and right click not working , trackpoint with taps not working

Hello and welcome,

In addition to trying different drivers have you tried adjusting the clickpad settings?

IIRC there are some options.  Probably mouse properties -> UltraNav tab or similar.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 357
Message 3 of 5

Re: Thinkpad Yoga S1 - lower left and right click not working , trackpoint with taps not working

Have you looked in the control panel under mouse/pointing device?  There is a scetion that sets click areas

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
20ali20
What's DOS?
Views: 349
Message 4 of 5

Yes I have adjusted clickpad settings but when it doesnt respond, there is not much point in adjusting it
20ali20
What's DOS?
Views: 349
Message 5 of 5

yes that was the first thing I did and then looked into changing the drivers

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors