cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chotaku
What's DOS?
Views: 1,303
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Yoga S1 shut down problem? OS shuts down fine, but RED LED still stays on.

When shutting down the laptop after a few hours of use, the OS (win10 x64) will shutdown normally, but the red led on the thinkpad logo will remain on. (same whether im on battery, on plugged in). I noticed this issue after finding out my fully charged battery was completely empty when I tried turning it on. However, when I only use the laptop for at most an hour or less and shut down, It will be fine and everything will be powered off. This problem only occurs during long hours of use and then I would have to hold the power button to completely shutdown.

What I have tried so far:

Disabling Hibernate, Sleep

Updated Bios to GQET47WW (1.27) 9/23/2015

Disabled Fast Startup*

*What I have noticed after disabling fast startup was that before, it would usually blink red until the battery is completely discharged. After disabling fast startup, the problem still occurs but instead the LED is a solid RED until the battery is discharged.

Are there any other options I can use to fix this?

Highlighted
aydy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,143
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Yoga S1 shut down problem? OS shuts down fine, but RED LED still stays on.

Uninstall & disable on BIOS Intel Smart Technology. It helps

-Ville-
What's DOS?
Views: 625
Message 3 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Yoga S1 shut down problem? OS shuts down fine, but RED LED still stays on.

Hello,

Did you ever find a solution for this?

Smart connect is often mentioned, but I've got it disabled and reinstalled Windows 10.

Yet this problem persists..

ahar
Serial Port
Views: 618
Message 4 of 4

I used to have problems with the red LED remaining on for minutes after the OS appeared to have shut down. I installed all the updates I could find on the Lenovo site which I think included a BIOS update and power management driver. The problem seemed to go away after that.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors