Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dold
What's DOS?
Views: 955
Message 1 of 7

Thinkpad Yoga SSD

Why does the new Thinkpad Yoga not have a 512 SSD option?

Highlighted
angusrchen
Paper Tape
Views: 687
Message 2 of 7

Re: Thinkpad Yoga SSD

you could purchase an aftermarket 512ssd and install it yourself, if you find one that is compatible

dold
What's DOS?
Views: 649
Message 3 of 7

What is the likelihood that a compatible disk will become available?

angusrchen
Paper Tape
Views: 645
Message 4 of 7

Not sure. I'm asking this question on another thread, so be sure to follow it. I'm also asking how easy after-market upgrades are to do on the Thinkpad Yoga.

You will have to check the specifications on the lenovo SSDs and then see if there are any out there that fit. I believe that there are some already though.
postvanbart
Paper Tape
Views: 599
Message 5 of 7

I replaced the SSD on my Thinkpad Yoga with a Samsung EVO. I was able to easily clone the disk to the SSD, build in the SSD and Go. No issues whatsoever. 

yogibatt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 493
Message 6 of 7

@postvanbart wrote:

I replaced the SSD on my Thinkpad Yoga with a Samsung EVO. I was able to easily clone the disk to the SSD, build in the SSD and Go. No issues whatsoever. 

Hi there! What did you use to clone your drive? Did you clone all the partitions? I tried using EaseUs Backup to clone 5 TPY partitions one by one. It wouldn't let me clone all 5 partitions, only up to 4, so I didn't clone the 128MB  partition. My new SSD (Crucial 1TB) didn't boot. Something about unrecognized boot device.

postvanbart
Paper Tape
Views: 491
Message 7 of 7

Oh, with the software supplied with the Samsung EVO. Great, great tool. I could even clone the whoile thing with Windows running, and had no issue whatsoever.

If you have to clone manually, I would look for a tool that is able to clone a whole disk at once.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors