Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

76 Posts

06-10-2014

Singapore

182 Signins

1109 Page Views

• Views: 1109
  • Message 1 of 6

Thinkpad Yoga Stylus/Pen totally unusable. Support ticket got deleted.

2014-12-01, 5:02 AM

Hi everyone.

I bought a Thinkpad Yoga almost 7 months ago. Everything is working fine, except for the awful stylus.

Initially, the stylus works "ok", having a little delay sensing that my pen is off the screen. But lately, it is getting so bad, I suspect the pressure sensor is stuck. This causes the pen to be writing stuffs even when i'm just hovering above the screen. I attached an image to show what this would cause in a typical writting example:

TP Yoga.png

As you can see, when I lift my pen to write the next character, it is still stuck on writing mode, causing streaks to connect every single character i write. It is totally unusable!

Frustratingly, I went to this webpage to "Submit a Service Request". I received phone calls for awhile stating that my pen is on backorder, but after a week, my request just disappeared from the system! I tried again the second time, but the same thing happened allover again.

Please help!:smileysad:

Answer
Options

76 Posts

06-10-2014

Singapore

182 Signins

1109 Page Views

Re: Thinkpad Yoga Stylus/Pen totally unusable. Support ticket got deleted.

2014-12-03, 19:11 PM

wow, i just received a package from ibm today. wonder if lenovo actually read this thread and expedited my request.

but anyway, the new pen works perfectly! no more streaks, no more accidental activation while hovering.

Replies(5)
Options

13 Posts

11-04-2014

Australia

28 Signins

295 Page Views

• Views: 295
  • Message 2 of 6

2014-12-02, 4:01 AM

The stylus is truly awful, I'm on my second one already (after 10 months) as tips are not replaceable and scratch the screen when they wear. And this bloody joke of a pen also costs over $40 in Australia.

Didn't go to Lenovo warranty over the pen, just bought a new one - but I'm in the process of getting warranty service for my screen at the moment (as described here) so I can feel your pain.

It may be worthwile to send a formal complaint email to the support email and see if this makes them move a bit faster.

Options

6 Posts

11-29-2014

Canada

12 Signins

91 Page Views

• Views: 91
  • Message 3 of 6

2014-12-02, 20:18 PM

Hey, I was having this same issue with my Yoga stylus as well, but I found a fix for it. 

Open the control panel and go into hardware and sound. Then go down near the bottom and open "pen tablet properties". In the first page of those settings, you should see one labelled "tip feel". By default, mine was set right in the middle between soft and firm. Go ahead and move it all the way over to firm. This should fix your issue where it continues writing even after the stylus is lifted.

Mitch

Options

76 Posts

06-10-2014

Singapore

182 Signins

1109 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2014-12-03, 1:27 AM

thanks for the tip. i just tried changing the tip feel to either extremes, but it sadly doesn't work. at the firmest setting, the writing becomes very "blocky" with sudden changes in thickness, and the thin streaks connecting each seperate strokes still appears.

looks like the pressure sensor is so inaccurate, it still falsely senses pressure at the firmest setting.

to any potential TPY buyers out there, do not get this laptop if you are planning to use the stylus frequently. it's practically a useless device on my yoga now.

Options

6 Posts

11-29-2014

Canada

12 Signins

91 Page Views

• Views: 91
  • Message 5 of 6

2014-12-03, 4:53 AM

What are you using the stylus for? I use mine mainly for taking notes in OneNote, and I found that changing the pen thickness to the thinnest one helps with the blockiness you're describing. Hope this helps.

Mitch

Answer
Options

76 Posts

06-10-2014

Singapore

182 Signins

1109 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2014-12-03, 19:11 PM

wow, i just received a package from ibm today. wonder if lenovo actually read this thread and expedited my request.

but anyway, the new pen works perfectly! no more streaks, no more accidental activation while hovering.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms