Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thekazu4u
Paper Tape
Views: 6,156
Message 1 of 28

Thinkpad Yoga Touchpad Driver Issue

Hello, my Thinkpad Yoga touchpad has decided to entirely stop working. Here's what happened:

A couple of days ago, I re-start my computer. On boot, I get a beep error saying something along the lines of "device not found" and another saying "device number not correct." Sorry if I don't remember the details, I didn't think it would be a big issue at the time. It told me to press escape to continue and enter to enter setup. I click continue.

It boot up, yet my touchpad was entirely non-functional. When looking at the device manager part of Lenovo Solution Center, I see the following:

Drivers                                                            Status

Unknown Device                                            Not Installed

ThinkPad UltraNav Pointing Device               Disabled

When I go into device manager, I see something different, however. I click "show hidden devices" and under "Mouse and other pointing devices" there is "ThinkPad UltraNav Pointing Device".

Here's what I see when I view the properties of that device:

Device Type: Mice and other pointing devices.

Manufacturer: Lenovo

Device Status: The device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)

When I connect a mouse to a USB port, then that mouse works fine. Its just the touchpad which is broken. I tried re-installing the mouse driver, but nothing ever seems to change. I've also tried refreshign the machine, also no change.

If anybody could help that'd be greatly appreciated.

thekazu4u
Paper Tape
Views: 6,087
Message 2 of 28

Re: Thinkpad Yoga Touchpad Driver Issue

Bumping this, hoping that somebody will be kind enough to help out...

thekazu4u
Paper Tape
Views: 6,069
Message 3 of 28

I managed to get the errors to come up again (somehow). Here's what they are:

0187: EAIA data access error

2200: Machine Type and Serial Number are invalid.

Here is the Machine Type Model in bios: ???? (I'm not joking it literally lists ???? next to Machine Type Model)

System Board Serial Number: 40C1KS30S0?

What's weird is, I searched both of the errors on google, and when they came up, on ALL of the results, the person complaining of those errors couldn't get their computer to boot. On mine, it boots fine, just a specific device (touchpad) isn't working. Also, I went into the "Keyboard/Mouse" section of my Bios, and the only thing it showed was switching the control & fn keys. Nothing else. Possible bios error?

Swwils
Serial Port
Views: 6,051
Message 4 of 28

I had very similar issues with the latest driver; device would disconnect, freeze, interfere with keyboard, display as "disabled" in device manager.

I simply just removed the synaptics driver and use the touchpad as a standard PS/2 device. Vastly improved stability but however you lose two finger scroll and gestures. 

I also am looking for a better solution.

(I also disabled the active protection and transition software from lenovo - much better keyboard/touchpad performance and stability).

thekazu4u
Paper Tape
Views: 6,041
Message 5 of 28

How would I go about doing that? Every time I try to do it, it still displays an exclamation mark and defaults back to some kind of synaptics device.

roustabout
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,011
Message 6 of 28

Swwils, when you disable the gesture support and just use the touchpad as a ps/2 device, are you able to get middle-click functionality from the top center of the pad?  Or are you left with just lef/right click? 

I was surprised to see how much cpu the pad uses. 
Swwils
Serial Port
Views: 6,001
Message 7 of 28

Pressing the middle click acts as sort of a "sticky" key to enable/disable scrolling; so under the PS/2 device it is still a sperate button.

Merry christmas!

thekazu4u
Paper Tape
Views: 5,955
Message 8 of 28

Hello,

I tried changing the driver to a PS/2 Compatible Mouse, still says "This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)". Any other ideas for possible fix? 

focus
Paper Tape
Views: 5,946
Message 9 of 28

bump. same problem.  factory reset dont resolve it. it not hardware?

tmelon
What's DOS?
Views: 5,878
Message 10 of 28

This has happened to me 3rd day of use, returned for repair.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors