Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sevensees
Paper Tape
Views: 22,535
Message 1 of 12

Thinkpad Yoga - Wacom Digitizer?

Hi,

Could somebody please point me to the place where it list the digitizer in the Thinkpad Yoga as a Wocom? I see it all over in review sites, but I can't find it in the description or the product specifications.

I'm interested in this model:20CD00AVUS, which I know includes a digitizer, but I want to make sure its definitely Wacom... they all just say "digitizer".

So I guess what I am trying to figure out is:

1. Are ALL digitizers installed in Thinkpad Yoga's the same, or do they vary in brand/quality?

2. How can I find out if its a Wacom?

Thanks for the help.

enkor
Paper Tape
Views: 22,480
Message 2 of 12

Betreff: Thinkpad Yoga - Wacom Digitizer?

First off the digitizer technology consists of two parts the digitizer enabled screen and the digitizer pen. Second i'd say all the TPYs have the same digitizer Technology (both screen and pen) licensed from Wacom. So the pen itself is probably prdouced by Lenovo or a third party. --- By the way other products like the Surface Pro, Vaio Duo or Galaxy Note have the same technology built in and you can use there respective digitizer pens for the TPY as well.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 22,455
Message 3 of 12

Re: Thinkpad Yoga - Wacom Digitizer?

The active digitiser on the ThinkPad Yoga FHD screen is from wacom.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
hieronymousch
Paper Tape
Views: 22,390
Message 4 of 12

thanks for your quick reply. I have a TPY with the new 1920 display and included digitizer pen. The pen does nothing when I touch the screen. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help

Views: 22,379
Message 5 of 12

ThinkPad Yoga FHD digitiser software.PNG

check under device manager to see whether Wacom device is listed. 

Regards,

Jin Li

hieronymousch
Paper Tape
Views: 22,362
Message 6 of 12

Thanks for your superfast relpy. 

see the same touch device as yours in the device manager but not the wacom device shown in your list. The wacom detection software doesn't detect a wacom device but the lenovo support app says there is one unkown device (not visible in the device manager).

Yoga got delivered with stylus so it should have the required hardware I suppose?

My stylus still isn't working. Do you have another driver installed?

Views: 22,350
Message 7 of 12

open up Thinkvantage System update, and let it try to download all the necessary softwares.

Most likely you have a hardware issue, and requires service (or return/exchange if you are within that period of time).
Regards,

Jin Li

hieronymousch
Paper Tape
Views: 22,314
Message 8 of 12

Jin,

I tried this but stil no solution.

When I select the option to see hidden devices in the device manager, I see the digitizer pen but its grayed out and I can't activate it (device not connected, error 45).

I've the same problem with my webcam (grayed out, no activation possible)

If I didn't know any better, I would think that these are hardware switches problems but I don't see any on the machine...

Thanks for your help

DroidThinkpad22
Blue Screen Again
Views: 22,120
Message 9 of 12

Betreff: Thinkpad Yoga - Wacom Digitizer?

Are you sure ALL Thinkpad Yogas have digitzer technology? This review by Lisa Gade seemed to indicate only a few of them use the Wacom technology. I can't find the model name she mentioned that has it "20CD-Z04US"

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/notebooks/Lenovo-ThinkPad-Yoga.htm:

Getting the Right ThinkPad Yoga Model: Wacom Pen and non-Wacom Variants

The ThinkPad Yoga is available on Lenovo's website with the touch + Wacom digitizer. In stores, you'll find models that are touch only. Be mindful of the model number so you get the version you desire. The Wacom digitizer and pen add $100 to $230 to the configuration, depending on how you spec your laptop. For this review, we look at both models. First up is the 20-CD0033US model, which is touch only. It has an Intel Core i7-4500U, 8 gigs of RAM and a 256 gig SSD and it sells for $1,399. You'll find touch-only model 20-CD0032US in online and brick and mortar stores for $1,199 and it has a Core i5-4200U, 4 gigs of RAM and a 128 gig SSD (the same price and specs as the Sony Vaio Flip 13). Note that both of these models have single band 2 x 2 Intel Wi-Fi. The base Core i5 model with the Wacom digitizer is $1,299 on Lenovo's website, and we have that in for review as well (model number 20CD-Z04US). If you want the Wacom digitizer model, be sure to order it that way. You can't use a pen with a non-Wacom digitizer model because it lacks the necessary digitizer hardware.

@enkor wrote:

Second i'd say all the TPYs have the same digitizer Technology (both screen and pen) licensed from Wacom. 

Tombledsoe
What's DOS?
Views: 17,470
Message 10 of 12

I have a TPY 1 Ultrabook which did not come with a digitizer pen.  Can i still purchase one or does my version not have the compliant touchscreen that works with the pen?  Or can I add software to make it work?  Thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors