Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lpe689
Paper Tape
Views: 651
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad Yoga Wont Install Windows 7

Im trying to do a Clean Install on my Thinkpad Yoga S1, everytime I get an error "windows cannot be installed to this disk" What do I need to do in order to fix this problem?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 623
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga Wont Install Windows 7

Is there more to the error message?  Perhaps "...the selected disk is of the gpt partition style"

If so, you're booted in legacy mode but trying to install to a GPT drive.

Re-start the installer, hit SHIFT+F10 to bring up a command window, then type DISKPART.  Once diskpart is running type "list disk" then "select disk xyz" where xyz is your HDD as displayed by list.  Then type "clean".  Then "exit" and close the command window.

That should un-initialize the drive and allow the installer to format it MBR style.

Alternatively you could boot in UEFI mode and install Win 7 on the GPT-formatted drive.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

lpe689
Paper Tape
Views: 600
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga Wont Install Windows 7

I have tired doing that and Still Doesnt work

Top Kudoed Authors