Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
THPhoenix
Not applicable
Views: 780
Message 1 of 6

Thinkpad Yoga & Onelink Pro Ethernet

When I am at work I plug my Thinkpad Yoga into the Onelink Pro to connect all the peripherals, inlcuding mouse, keyboard, printer, and two monitors. The Onelink Pro also has my ethernet connection to the office network. I have had this setup for 2 1/2 years and it has always worked great. This morning, however, when I connected to the Onelink everything worked normally except the ethernet network connection. I could not connect to my office network, and I got messages like "Cannot find a valid network"; so I ran the Lenovo diagnostics. It told me there was an invalid IP configuration. I have unplugged and reset both the Onelink and the computer; but nothing had fixed the problem. I have also checked for the latest drivers, and everything seems to be up to date. Does anyone have any suggestions to get me reconnected to my ethernet network, or is my Onelink starting to go bad? 

martiniturbide
Not applicable
Views: 732
Message 2 of 6

Re: Thinkpad Yoga &h Ethernet

Hi.

Which Thinkpad Yoga are you using?

Just in case check that you are with the latest "Firmware" and "Driver" from the support site:

https://support.lenovo.com/ec/es/documents/pd029981

And also check your Thinkpad Yoga Model support site and update the BIOS to the latest level.

Also check if the Ethernet adapter is being seen on Windows Device Manager. According to the documentation the ThinkPad OneLink Pro Dock uses a  "Realtek RTL8153_VB" chipset for USB2Ethernet. So check if it shows there.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

THPhoenix
Not applicable
Views: 725
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply. To answer your questions:

I am using a Thinkpad Yoga S1 that I have had since May of 2014. I carry it with me everywhere and plug it into the Onelink Pro Dock when I am in the office. BIOS, firmware for the Onelink, and all drivers are up to date. Windows Device Manager does see the ethernet adapter as "Thinkpad Onelink Pro Giga Ethernet" and reports that it is working properly. 

THPhoenix
Not applicable
Views: 713
Message 4 of 6

Update...The problem is fixed! I don't know why it is fixed. I did not do anything other than the resets and driver updates I checked as described in my first message. I just plugged it into the Onelink Pro yesterday, turned it on, and the ethernet network connected and worked perfectly like it used to. If anyone has any thoughts about what might have happened I would appreciate them, in case this happens again.

Thanks.

martiniturbide
Not applicable
Views: 699
Message 5 of 6

Hi

It may be coincidence but just today this was posted on slashdot.

"Windows 10 Update Broke DHCP, Knocked Users Off the Internet"  According to the news Microsoft send an update via "Window Updaate" to fix this.

But it is good to see that your problems are gone !!! Smiley Happy

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

THPhoenix
Not applicable
Views: 694
Message 6 of 6

Thanks. From the description in the article, it looks like that is exactly what happened to me. This is good to know. I can stop worrying that something is going wrong with my computer.

Thanks again for passing along this info.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors