Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hutson
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 457
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad Yoga & Windows 10: No WiFi in tablet-mode

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I installed Windows 10 on my Thinkpad Yoga (first generation) with clean install. Everything works fine except wifi in tablet mode. Every time I twist my yoga (i.e. go into tablet mode physically) wifi stops working. When I twist against to laptop again, wifi comes back.

Does everyone knows this issue?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Greeting from Germany

Guru
Views: 423
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad Yoga & Windows 10: No WiFi in tablet-mode

Hi

If this is happening aways, without exception, everytime you twist your Yoga, it seems to be a hardware issue. Maybe something is touching, disconecting the antenna internally when you twist it.

I don't have that machine, maybe you can share the full model number to know which one it is, but my only ideas will be.

1) Check the Maintenance hardware manual of your model and see when the antenna cables goes but, just to try to link the issue.

2) But maybe, if it worked on with other Windows and Windows 10 started to show that problem, you can update the Wifi driver too. When I switched on my Yoga 14 from Win8 to Win10 it took me some time to stabilize the drivers of the machine. So check the support page of you machine and see if there is a newer wifi driver for it.

Regards

Greetings from Ecuador.

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Top Kudoed Authors