Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-07-2014

Czech Republic

6 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad Yoga cooling fan issue

2014-02-07, 21:05 PM

Hi,

my TPY had been working pretty well for several weeks but last few days I´m experiencing an annoying issue - the cooling fan doesn´t engage when TPY gets hot under load, even when the core gets to 100 degrees Celsius and all the bottom and right side of keyboard and palmrest is really very hot. The cooling fan seems OK, during BIOS update it engaged. There must have been some kind of recent "update" that messed it up. Any advices how to fix it, please?

Thanks, Tomas from Prague

P.S.: I´ve gone through the power management settings - the active cooling set on - no change. In the BIOS there´s no feature to control the cooling fan  :/ 

Options

1 Posts

06-14-2015

Dallas, Texas

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad Yoga cooling fan issue

2015-06-14, 17:54 PM

Hi:  I have the same issue: at startup fan does run, so fan should be OK, then when windows is fully booted, no more fan running, yet very hot, to the point of being scorched by one side of the laptop. Lenovo what is going on???? Is there a driver that needs to be updated, some sort of patch?? Reply before people get injured and sue you.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms