Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
essyr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 892
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Yoga digitizer pen

Hi,

After working out that my laptop (Thinkpad Yoga S1) most likely has a digitizer, I purchased a pen for it. However, since I wasn't 100% sure, I bought a cheaper, off-brand pen that people said was compatible, the listing for which can be found here.

I received it today, but my computer seems unresponsive when I try to use it. When I went to Wacom Pen or Pen and Touch Input, the pen calibration screens were either blank (Wacom) or didn't load (Input).

Is there something else I have to do to make my pen work? Did I purchase the wrong pen? If it helps, the pen slot on my computer is still plugged; I was going to unplug it, but to do so I'd have to remove the back paneling, and one of the screws keeping it in place has been stripped.

The thread confirming that my laptop has a digitizer is here.

Thanks!

Guru
Views: 878
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Yoga digitizer pen

Hi

Please notice that this is my personal opinon and it does not mean I'm 100% right, this is based on my experience.

I think that the "Digitizer PEN for Lenovo ThinkPad X60 X61 X200 X201" is for older Thinkpad models. I have a Thinkpad Yoga 14 (Similar to S1) (20DM008UUS) and it has a digitizer screen, but it requires an "active pen" (with batteries inside) to be able to work with the digitizer.

I have the Thinkpad Pen Pro and it works fine with my model. I still think you have a digitizer on your laptop but I think it is the wrong pen.

Here it also some more info about the pen that Amy wrote.

Regards.

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 877
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Also, the Thinkpad Pen Pro  page says it supports the ThinkPad S1 Yoga 12.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

essyr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 863
Message 4 of 4

Oh, I see. I read through the page you linked me, and it seems that the model I have supports an active pen, though I purchased a passive pen. The thing is, I'm still wary of buying the Thinkpad Yoga Pen or the Thinkpad Pen Pro because they're considerably more expensive, and since I'm still not 100% sure I have a digitizer in my laptop, I really don't want to test it out by blowing $25 for even $40.

Thanks for your response though! It really cleared things up and I think I know what the problem is now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors