Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

76 Posts

06-10-2014

Singapore

182 Signins

1109 Page Views

• Views: 1109
  • Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad Yoga doesn't power up

2014-06-28, 14:23 PM

I bought a Thinkpad Yoga about 3 weeks ago. It came with two discoloured spots at the top two corners, so I went back to the shop and switched for a new one. This also came with the problem and I therefore switched for a third one again, which also had this problem.

I sent it in for replacement, Lenovo was willing to approve a direct replacement from them, so after 3 weeks of waiting (yes, which meant i spent only 1 day so far with this laptop). The fourth laptop arrived today. However, after working for a few hours, the laptop now refuses to power up at all.

I tried the power button trick, doesn't work. I tried pulling out the battery and power cable and pressed the reset button, doesn't work. I tried holding on to the power button for 5 minutes, pressing the reset button for 5 mins, doesn;t work.

Before I request for a fifth replacement laptop from Lenovo again, does anybody have any tips that could help me power up my TPY? I feel really helpless with this laptop right now. (Refunds doesn't happen in Singapore due to weak consumer protection laws).

Options

21115 Posts

12-20-2008

Australia, Melbourne

20622 Signins

444194 Page Views

• Views: 444194
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga doesn't power up

2014-06-29, 3:27 AM
Does the laptop respond when u press the power button? If you have problem I strongly suggest refund or replacement.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Options

76 Posts

06-10-2014

Singapore

182 Signins

1109 Page Views

• Views: 1109
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga doesn't power up

2014-06-29, 4:23 AM

No, it doesn't responds at all, as if the power button isn't working. i'll contact lenovo for a fifth replacement.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms