Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

03-07-2014

Germany

6 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad Yoga gestures on Touchscreen

2014-03-07, 22:15 PM

Hi,

i have the issue that all Windows 8.1 Gestures work perfectly fine with the Touchpad but most do not work with the Touchscreen.

Pinch to zoom, one finger click or selection, or longer one finger click for a right click drop down menu work just fine.

Especially in tablet mode it is anoying to have to grab the pen to use it swiping in from the right screen side to open the charms bar and not being able to use my finger. 

I am guessing its just a settings problem wich is kind of tricky to find - or i am blind to finding it - because except theses gestures the touchscreen works fine and accurate as it should.

Thank You for any help you guys can give me!

PS.: Machine is a Thinkpad Yoga

EDIT: Ok i just found out that in Reading Mode when the camera is on the right side all gestures work perfect - the other 3 positions the problem is still remaining

Answer
Options

1 Posts

03-11-2014

USA

1 Signins

4 Page Views

• Views: 4

Re: Thinkpad Yoga gestures on Touchscreen

2014-03-11, 0:45 AM

I was having a similar issue on mine. Recalibrating the touch screen fixed it.

A lot of people are having issues with this on Windows 7 devices that came with touch screens when the very edge of the touch screen is not able to be touched. I'm guessing that Windows 8 requires that the touch start at the very edge (or beyond the edge) of the screen for the gesture to be detected.

When the display is mis-calibrated, when you touch the edge of the screen, it registers as just inside the edge and is detected as a click instead. Since the calibration does not change with device rotation, I'd be that your vertical calibration is ok (since it works in reading mode), but that your horizontal calibration is a bit off.

if you search for "Calibration" in the control panel, the "Tablet PC Settings" contains the menu for recalibrating the touch (and pen if you have one) inputs

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

1 Posts

03-11-2014

USA

1 Signins

4 Page Views

• Views: 4
  • Message 2 of 3

2014-03-11, 0:45 AM

I was having a similar issue on mine. Recalibrating the touch screen fixed it.

A lot of people are having issues with this on Windows 7 devices that came with touch screens when the very edge of the touch screen is not able to be touched. I'm guessing that Windows 8 requires that the touch start at the very edge (or beyond the edge) of the screen for the gesture to be detected.

When the display is mis-calibrated, when you touch the edge of the screen, it registers as just inside the edge and is detected as a click instead. Since the calibration does not change with device rotation, I'd be that your vertical calibration is ok (since it works in reading mode), but that your horizontal calibration is a bit off.

if you search for "Calibration" in the control panel, the "Tablet PC Settings" contains the menu for recalibrating the touch (and pen if you have one) inputs

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

6 Posts

03-07-2014

Germany

6 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 3 of 3

2014-03-11, 8:36 AM

Hi,

thanks for your reply, but thats unfortunately not the issue. I was hoping you were right because when i read your message i remembered that i calibrated the touch screen last the day i got it but it didn't help.

In normal Tablet mode it feels like windows does not recognize the gestures at all, for example on the metro screen with all the apps, when i swipe in from the right it scrolls right. It makes no difference from where i start the swiping.

In reading mode it only works when the camera is on the rigt side - o when the windows button is the right the issue still occurs.

Anyway thanks for your help, maybe with the better description now you have another idea what it could be?

EDIT: Thanks, i just tried setting the calibration data back to how it came to me and now it works! Thanks a lot, you made my day!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms