Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

05-13-2013

Kuwait

35 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Yoga - ghosting / after-image / watermark issue

2015-03-24, 20:08 PM
Hello all,

I've finally made my decision and purchased the Thinkpad Yoga last May of 2014 -- That Thinkpad Yoga (http://tinyurl.com/kornr3q) to be exact. What a wonderful machine it is, and I immediately fell in love with it!
However, sadly a few months ago, the screen retention began to become an issue, a serious one, and weirdly enough, my USB slots are acting funny whenever I have a "detectable" device connected (such as phone, storage, camera, etc). I still have about 180 on my Lenovo original warranty, which I still can extend to another 2-3 years if I wanted to. and I also have purchased another 3-4 years 3rd party warranty from amazon. Both still valid to this date.

I'm wondering, am I still eligible for a return? If yes, is there a chance for me to get the improved 2nd gen Yoga? if yes, would you guys be so kind and guide me through the process if you're familiar/experienced.

If not, what would you guys advise me to do? What would you do in my situation? If you don't know, can you direct me to someone who might know and and maybe willing to help?

That'll really mean a lot, and I'd very much appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks a lot in advance!

regards,
Options

9 Posts

01-19-2015

Poland

10 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Yoga - ghosting / after-image / watermark issue

2015-03-26, 20:56 PM

I've sent mine to the RMA (within 12 months period after purchase) and they have replaced the LCD under warranty. Seems to be the problem with many Thinkpad Yogas. Gosting does not occur now.

Regards,

P.

Options

6 Posts

05-13-2013

Kuwait

35 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-03-26, 21:34 PM

Awesome news!

I'm willing to send them mine right now. Do you happen to know their contacts, or at least  where to go to start the procedure?

Mine's still under the 12 months warranty, and I'd very much love to have my panel replaced to one of the good ones.

Options

9 Posts

01-19-2015

Poland

10 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 4 of 4

2015-03-26, 21:55 PM

Seems to be easy.

Just contact your local support. They should have some official support in Kuwait I hope.

They have sent the courier to collect the laptop from home. I had to wait about 4 weeks before the LCD replacement panel came to my country (Poland) but AFAIK it is possible to call RMA, report the problem and then wait till they get the replacement for you. The procedure should not take more than few days then. Mind to backup all your data beforehand because the official service used to reinstall Windows from scratch.

Regards,

P.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms