Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hiro11
Paper Tape
Views: 7,911
Message 21 of 82

Re: Thinkpad Yoga, not waking up after sleep

I had this problem and it went away and then it came back.  I think Lenovo needs to do something here.  I ended up returning my Thinkpad Yoga.

corecomps
Paper Tape
Views: 7,897
Message 22 of 82

I feel like a broken record here but I'll try to summarize this for people.

If you leave your thinkpad idle, the screen will turn off and then eventually it will go to sleep.  THis is a configurable setting.  The problem with many of these units is that once the screen gets turned off, the PC freezes or refuses to turn the computer off nor turn the screen back on.  The only solution seems to be a hard reboot.  There might be other things that trigger it but this is the proven way to repeat it at will.

This is a hardware issue as confirmed by the Lenovo Support Rep I spoke to on the phone as well as the support rep who actually replied early in this thread.

Besides allowing you to return the laptop and get a different unit or buy another brand, there is nothing else Lenovo can easily due for you.  BTW, while I'm cranky about this issue in a business class machine, Lenovo was very good about taking the unit back for a full refund.

My guess is that Lenovo is either talking with Microsoft to patch the OS or looking at changing the design of the hardware/firmware in the unit.  The problem with either is that both could be 3rd parties working on it and I know from experience this can take a lot of time.  Particularly if Lenovo did something wrong in it's design or didn't follow a vendor's spec.  Given the uniqueness of the design of this lablet (laptop/tablet) I'm guessing this is a very likely situation.

They will solve it but it could be 1-3 months.  I had some success getting around the issue but making sure the unit didn't turn off the display or go to sleep automatically.  This is a poor solution long term so I returned mine.

mr_sarge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,889
Message 23 of 82

In my case, power button didn't work (I tried to hold if for more than 30second without success).

I had to open it and remove the battery.

I didn't have the issue since then.  I'll wait and see if it come back.

If it does it again, I'll ask for a warranty replacement.

joseantonio2410
Paper Tape
Views: 7,815
Message 24 of 82

Hello, i got today the new computer because i sended the first one back. The new one has kind of the same proble. The computer dont get into the sleep modus. I want to know if you have figured it out and what the solution is?

mr_sarge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,808
Message 25 of 82

Mine didn't had the problem again so I don't really know what was wrong.

I did return it to Lenovo for another problem (touchscreen stopped working) this week.

I hope they return me another one that does not have the sleep issue !

AP0LL0N
Punch Card
Views: 7,783
Message 26 of 82

Since today I have a simelar problem ( or is it the same?).

My settings for closing the notebook is "do nothing" and for pressing power button is standby.

After pressing the power button the TPY seems to go in standby mode (red light was slowly blinking). An hour later I opened the lid and the F1 light was on. A tried to leave the standby mode by pushing the power button, but nothing happend. I noticed that the TPY back had almost about 45°C!!!

By pushing the power button longer than 10sec I could achive a hard shutdown..

After rebooting I put the Yoga again to sleep and had the same issue!!!

What is this Lenovo???

corecomps
Paper Tape
Views: 7,752
Message 27 of 82

Sounds like the same situation I and many others are in.  Clearly not all their units are bad but there have been enough reports of people getting replacement units and those two having similar issues that I've decided to skip this PC.

I really liked the hybrid and high resolution screen but reliability is key (particularly in a business class machine).  Unfortunately it's a very unique device in it's class so either I'll be giving up screen resolution (HP Revolve) or fold flat tablet mode (HP Spetre).  I'll also be giving up the pen digitizer on many of these units.  Sad state of affairs.

For similar units to consider, this is a great excel document people have been keeping up to date.

https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=A3E71B4BBE25C114!107&app=Excel&wdo=2&authkey=!AAO1lowxloMJ...

elysianfields
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,586
Message 28 of 82

Its getting really frustrating here. I have the same issue with my Thinkpad Yoga. 

Come on Lenovo, what is this?
First unit I got was dead on arrival. Second unit is working but has issues with the dock (that you are working on) and does not sleep correctly.

I need this thing to "DO MORE" as you promote, and not to worry more. Something is seriously wrong with this model.

ziptbm
What's DOS?
Views: 7,539
Message 29 of 82

I'm running into this same problem.  Basically if I sleep the unit versus powering down, I'll come back to it and it's in a frozen sleeping slate.  Requires a hard power cycle to get back to Windows.

All of my drivers are up to date via System Update from Lenovo and via my self-assessment of the drivers available from Lenovo's site. 

This is clearly an issue with this specific piece of Hardware.  Lenovo, what's the deal?

Former Administrator
Views: 7,484
Message 30 of 82

I have a case open to investigate the sleep issues on TP Yoga.

There are some other related threads in the forum - > http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Edge-S-series/thinkpad-yoga-is-not-response-to-power-button-in-...

The solution in that thread is a work around to reset the system.   I understand and agree that is not the desired final solution, but I thought I would point it out as potential short term help for those on this thread.

Mark

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors