Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Davidson
Paper Tape
Views: 256
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad Yoga reliablity issues

Hi I purchased a Thinkpad Yoga for use as my main work PC nd took out extended cover. i was initially pleased with my purchase but found the i7/8GB/1T HDD was slow and unresponsive which i suspect is the HDD. After a while the laptop failed to go into hibernate and when i went to get it from my laptop case it was extremely hot, the lenovo logo affixed to the wristwrest had fell off and so had a rubber foot.

The laptop continued to get very warm in use and Lenovo send an engineer to replace the cooling fan. Lenovo were unable to replace the rubber feet or the logo because these dont have a SKU which is ridiculous. This means the laptop is not stable on a desk and the ground clearance is inconsistent and may be causing further overheating

I went to continue an important work project today and have been greeted with HDD 0 not found. It would appear the main hard disk has failed causing me to lose some data..and yes I know a backup is my responsibility

Having purchased the mot expensive Yoga at the time I am extremely disappointed with the reliability of what I thought was a road warriors laptop.

I am wondering if my early adoption of the Yoga was a mistake or whether they are all unreliable and look forward to any replies

thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors