Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erazoe
Paper Tape
Views: 419
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad Yoga - trackpad/touchpoint issues in Win 8.1 after Win 10

I've recently updated my Thinkpad Yoga S1 to Windows 10, and it was giving me a lot of issues. I've since switched back to Windows 8.1 and I'm appalled to see that these issues now carried over back into Windows 8.1. I had the common problem of the trackpad not working when I woke my laptop up from sleep mode, and I also had my trackpoint failing to even register. Additionally, when the trackpad did work, it would be laggy/choppy and basically unbearable to use.

Any thoughts on a solution to this problem? I've updated the synaptic drivers more times than I can count...

erazoe
Paper Tape
Views: 400
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad Yoga - trackpad/touchpoint issues in Win 8.1 after Win 10

Update: I've done a full drive clean (factory reset, not fresh install) and still my trackpoint and trackpad are not working properly.

Jlotu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 375
Message 3 of 5

I can't speak for the issues in 8.1, but did you try the drivers directly from synaptic.com? I'm on windows 10 and the Lenovo drivers (19.0.16) never worked right. I was using 19.0.12 which came from windows update and it was perfectly fine until I made the mistake of installing a new driver that came through windows update two or three days ago. I believe that version was 19.0.17. The 19.0.19.1 driver directly from Synaptics fixed all my trackpad issues. The only thing is the middle and right buttons for the track point don't work. I guess that's because I'm using a generic driver package and those are Lenovo specific functions. I'm just happy to have a reliable working trackpad.

http://synaptics.com/en/drivers.php
Highlighted
Typpendahl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 281
Message 4 of 5

Did you solve the problem somehow?

Guru
Views: 265
Message 5 of 5

Hi Typpendahl, Jlotu

Can you please post the full model number of your Thinkpads ?

It took me some time to stabilize my Thinkpad when I switched to Windows 10. Here are some of tips to update the drivers.

1) Try first Windows Update and update all the drivers and Windows patches.

2) Try Lenovo System Update to get any new/missing drivers.

3) Try to install Lenovo Settings and Lenovo Companion from the Windows App Store, Lenovo Companion also has a "update driver search"

4) Sometimes all that software does not recognize some updated / missing driver. Check Lenovo's Support Site and search for your specific model drivers.

This will be the Lenovo supported drivers, but if you want to look for other update drivers directly from the manufacturer (AS IS) you can try:

5) Depending on the machine chipset/processor, you can try Intel Driver Update Utility, or AMD Update Utility.

6) I also like to use DriverEasy, which offers a a decent driver update recognition for free, but also tries to sell you the full version.

Just be warned that the drivers that are not from the Lenovo support site are "AS IS" and under your own risk, I install them since I'm confortable installing, and un-installing Windows drivers, remember that a wrong driver may turn up Windows un-usable.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Top Kudoed Authors