02-07-2016

United States

6 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 61 of 67

Re: Thinkpad Yoga - trouble with cursor jumping and closing programs

2016-03-08, 6:02 AM
Brought my Lenovo IdeaPad back to Best Buy where I bought it (still under warranty). Got it back two weeks later, the service center in Kentucky replaced the touch-screen. After two weeks since the repair, all is well; seems to have done the trick.
Options

1 Posts

10-02-2016

US

1 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 62 of 67

2016-10-02, 14:20 PM

I have a Thinkpad Yoga S1, and have seen this issue when connected to the OneDock and lit closed. It seems that  the touchscreen registers taps due to bleed through electrical enterference from the motherboard. As ridiculous as it sounds, a simple fix is to put a piece of tinfoil on the keyboard before you close the lid. Sad that the Lenovo engineers can't simply disable the touch screen when the lid is closed. It's not like it's needed in that mode.. Hey Lenovo - do you monitor these forums? Any chance of a fix?

Options

4 Posts

02-07-2016

United States

6 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 63 of 67

2016-10-02, 16:49 PM
Sent mine back for warranty repair and whatever they did, it's fixed.
Options

6 Posts

12-09-2016

US

1 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 64 of 67

2016-12-09, 2:08 AM

For anyone still having this issue...I had attempted Updated Driver, fresh Win10 install to no avail. I noticed that this issue only occured when the Laptop was plugged in. I purchased this Yoga 2 Pro off of eBay and the seller noted that the power adapter was aftermarket. What ended up being the issue for me, is that the power adapter was producing too much interference for the Touchpad and Touchscreen...perhaps the entire laptop. If I plug in the laptop and position the adapter casing as far away as possible, then position my body in between the two, the problem doesn't exist while plugged in. I've read most of your posts, so hopefully that assists some of the headaches out there...at least it's a weird causation. 

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/touchpad-not-working-properly-when-connected-to-ac-power.703995/

Options

6 Posts

12-09-2016

US

1 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 65 of 67

2016-12-09, 2:18 AM

For anyone still having this issue...I had attempted Updated Driver, fresh Win10 install to no avail. I noticed that this issue only occured when the Laptop was plugged in. I purchased this Yoga 2 Pro off of eBay and the seller noted that the power adapter was aftermarket. What ended up being the issue for me, is that the power adapter was producing too much interference for the Touchpad and Touchscreen...perhaps the entire laptop. If I plug in the laptop and position the adapter casing as far away as possible, then position my body in between the two, the problem doesn't exist while plugged in. I've read most of your posts, so hopefully that assists some of the headaches out there...at least it's a weird causation. 

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/touchpad-not-working-properly-when-connected-to-ac-power.703995/

Options

1 Posts

05-07-2017

IN

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 66 of 67

2017-05-07, 15:52 PM

Query: I have Lenovo X1 Carbon Laptop with Windows 10, newly bought just a year back. Problem: The cursor is often indipendantly moving and often catching a file, either moving the file/folder to another location or  deleting the file or deleting a portion of the typed Word paragraph.  The cursor moves anywhere inside the screen, including taskbar and simply activate them. How to prevent such movement of the Cursor and  to control the cursor movement.

I had tried to disable the "Touch Screen" and also tried to disable the anti-virous programs. The cursor movement is often eratic(moves anywhere inside the screen , activate the program, select a portion of the Word or Excel programs or the programs on the Task Bar and delete them, mostly during start up. I changed the mouse. But no improvement.  Please Help to stop such Cursor movement/selection/deletion.

Options

1 Posts

12-26-2017

US

1 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 67 of 67

2017-12-26, 5:51 AM

I think I know a solution. The pen won't work though but it's worth it. The wacom driver was the problem (at least in my case). you need to:

A) find the wacom driver and uninstall it.  from Device Manager > Human Interface Devices.  find the driver(s), right click, and uninstall

B) Windows 10 will reinstall the driver again so you need to prevent that by following the steps here: https://www.howtogeek.com/263851/how-to-prevent-windows-from-automatically-updating-specific-drivers/

I hope this work for you guys, it almost drove me crazy.

theOtherPilot

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save