Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nanderson
What's DOS?
Views: 1,339
Message 1 of 6

Thinkpad Yoga w/ active digitizer

I've read that the 20cd0032us and 33us Thinkpad Yoga models are the only ones without an active digitizer.  However, this appears to be all that is for sale on Amazon and other places.  Any idea of where you can but a Thinkpad Yoga with an active digitizer??

username00
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,309
Message 2 of 6

Re: Thinkpad Yoga w/ active digitizer

They are only available on Lenovo's website as far as I've seen. I tried looking other places like Amazon, too, but haven't seen the digitizer model. I ended up buying one directly.

nanderson
What's DOS?
Views: 1,279
Message 3 of 6

And am I correct in assuming that besides the Lenovo site, these other models just won't work with an active digitizer at all.  It's not just that they don't have a pen, even if you bought one they wouldn't work.  Correct?

username00
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,271
Message 4 of 6

Yeah, that's correct. They won't have the active digitizer hardware, so just getting a Wacom pen won't work.

kdjayo
Paper Tape
Views: 626
Message 5 of 6

I recently acquired a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga, fully loaded except for one thing.

I was told this unit was refurbished but actually had the active digitizer technology in it. Once the device arrived it had no pen and the slot where the pen is seems to be sealed shut, I attempted to check device manager and was greated with this:

http://imgur.com/oJ7ChKR

So i went to best buy to test a Wacom Pen on it

It would register single "click" like presses, but it was choppy and dotted when drawing.

Tried drawing a 5 inch line. It wouldn't form solid, it was just a point every inch after a solid stroke

Since it registered input does it mean it's gonna work and just has to be calibrated or?

I only bought this laptop because I needed to be able to do graphic design on the go so it is worthless if it doesnt have the technology.

Please help, a very frustrated user.
kdjayo
Paper Tape
Views: 616
Message 6 of 6

The Properties of My Computer are also listing this model as an Ideapad Yoga 13 which it clearly is not the form factor is completely different as well as specs...dunno what on earth is going on with this computer

http://imgur.com/FDm7QmL
Top Kudoed Authors