Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Epsilon54
Paper Tape
Views: 672
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad Yoga14 won't turn on

Model 20DM-009GUS

i bought his laptop 14 months ago, just as the year of warranty was ending I started having issues with the battery where I could only turn it on when it's plugged in. I contacted Lenovo late to find out my warranty had been out for a week so they couldn't help. I decided to deal with it as I could still use it on battery once it was on m, but now two months later I had this issue where I tried to turn it on and the keyboard light would blink on then off immediately and it doesn't turn on, not even the fan or anything. After a few attempts I got it on but once off it's happening again and I can't turn it on now.

i tried unplugging the battery and doing the drain static charge thing and I saw in another topic it was a similar issue and the sw2 switch was the culprit but when I opened up the laptop there is no sw 2 switch just a square on the board that says sw2, I assumed this was a different model yoga 14. Can anyone please help me? I need this laptop to last me through college

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 636
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad Yoga14 won't turn on

Hello Epsilon54, welcome to the Community,

Sorry to have to read about your experience and my compliments on your diagnosis so far.  Have you been able to verify that the battery is definitely being charged?  If you're not able to check this yourself I'm sure a local servicer would be able to assist.

Something else I've experienced in the past, very rarely but nevertheless worth mentioning, is a defective AC adapter. Although the adapter was delivering the correct voltage, measured using a volt meter, when connected to the notebook and under load it went on strike, perhaps you could try a different power adapter?

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Epsilon54
Paper Tape
Views: 628
Message 3 of 5

I forgot to mention I thought it might be the ax adapter too so I bout a new one and still the same issue. I also took out the battery and tried with just the ax adapter and still the same issue, I read that it might be that I need new thermal paste on the CPU or gpu but I don't want to mess with those unless I have too
Epsilon54
Paper Tape
Views: 628
Message 4 of 5

Also when the laptop was working it was being charged cause when unplugged it functioned as a normal battery and lasted me a few hours per charge
Epsilon54
Paper Tape
Views: 622
Message 5 of 5

After some more research it turns out to porbbaly a bad motherboard because all the MB cables seem to be connected. Thanks for all the help by the way if you have any more ideas please let me know. If it's the motherboard I guess I'll have to toss the $1000 machine after barely a year of useSmiley Sad I guess I'll figure something else out for college, Lenovo does t take care of their customers

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors