Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan7771
What's DOS?
Views: 694
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad yoga 12 orientation sensor driver doesn't work

So I don't use my thinkpad usualy in tablet mode, but today i did and when I tried to turn the laptop the screen of course remained still, so I started digging. There are a lot of solutions on the web for this, but none helped me so far, the interesting thing is that there is no option to enable or disable the auto-rotation in the settings or the action center. Updated all the drivers, also the hardware seems to work properly. I hope somebody encountered and solved this issue and can help me as well.

Cheers, 

Dan.

2.pngUntitled.png

Guru
Views: 667
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad yoga 12 orientation sensor driver doesn't work

Hi

I have a TP Yoga 14. I haven't think about it much, but I noticed that the "Auto Rotation Lock" button does not work if I locate the laptop normally. If I rorate the latop and the screen rotates the "Auto Rotation Lock" button starts working and locks the position of the screen.

I'm still not sure which is the driver that works for the rotation of the screen.  I'm not sure if it is this one, maybe you can check if you have some similar one.

LenovoRotate.png

For the moment maybe I can only suggest your to try the ways to update the drivers, here are my general tip about it:

1) Try first Windows Update and update all the drivers and Patches

2) Try Lenovo System Update to get any new/missing drivers.

3) Try to install Lenovo Settings and Lenovo Companion from the Windows App Store, Lenovo Companion also has a "update driver search"

4) Sometimes all that software does not recognize some updated / missing driver. Check Lenovo's Support Site and search for your specific model drivers (use the full model number of your Thinkpad).

Please post back if it works in some way.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Dan7771
What's DOS?
Views: 662
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad yoga 12 orientation sensor driver doesn't work

Hey, thanks for the reaction.

Indeed I have the same driver, and it is updated, all the drivers are updated, took care about that yesterday. Actually everything works fine apart for this. I also added manualy a bunch of sensor drivers, like device orientation sensor driver, accelerometer driver, gyroscope, etc, but aparently all the sensor drivers this laptop needs, are stored in the HID sensor colection V2. Am actually considering to reinstall the windows Smiley HappyUntitled.png

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors