Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeremiah87
What's DOS?
Views: 155
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad yoga 14 20fy no screen

I am currently typing this on a bluetooth keyboard attatched to my phone...  Thank God for the keyboard.  

Anyway my laptop is obviously down.  It started off where it wouldn't turn on at all.  I simply got 3 lights on the thinkpad when plugging it in, and two lights when trying to get it to turn on.  Then after letting it sit for a while, it would turn on and boot up, only to shut off after 20 seconds or so...  Then it finally booted all the way up, and I was extremely happy...  I even journaled about how happy I was on my journal software on my computer, but after shutting it down all that happens is a solid thinkpad light when I turn it on, and the keyboard flashes like normal then...  no screen comes on.  

I thought to myself, at least I have a backup tablet...  I guess I had it sitting in its case too long because it seems that the battery is gone on it and wont even turn on so I am left using my tablets keyboard with my phone to write to you fine people.  Like I said, I am very grateful for this keyboard making my situation much more bearable.

Please help.  I am thinking all signs are pointing towards some sort of motherboard failure, but am hoping that there is a wizard in the forums that may be able to wave a magic wand.  I have already pushed the static discharge button around 101 times.

Top Kudoed Authors