Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeremiah87
What's DOS?
Views: 211
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad yoga 14 20fy no screen

I am currently typing this on a bluetooth keyboard attatched to my phone...  Thank God for the keyboard.  

Anyway my laptop is obviously down.  It started off where it wouldn't turn on at all.  I simply got 3 lights on the thinkpad when plugging it in, and two lights when trying to get it to turn on.  Then after letting it sit for a while, it would turn on and boot up, only to shut off after 20 seconds or so...  Then it finally booted all the way up, and I was extremely happy...  I even journaled about how happy I was on my journal software on my computer, but after shutting it down all that happens is a solid thinkpad light when I turn it on, and the keyboard flashes like normal then...  no screen comes on.  

I thought to myself, at least I have a backup tablet...  I guess I had it sitting in its case too long because it seems that the battery is gone on it and wont even turn on so I am left using my tablets keyboard with my phone to write to you fine people.  Like I said, I am very grateful for this keyboard making my situation much more bearable.

Please help.  I am thinking all signs are pointing towards some sort of motherboard failure, but am hoping that there is a wizard in the forums that may be able to wave a magic wand.  I have already pushed the static discharge button around 101 times.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors