Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielmb007
What's DOS?
Views: 233
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad yoga 14 little issues after windows 10

After i ve updated to windows 10 i cant change the auto rotation if im not on tablet mode, also in tablet mode the trackpoint isnt disabled. are there any tips or recommendations about these issues?

20DM000VUS is my laptop model.

Guru
Views: 203
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad yoga 14 little issues after windows 10

Hi danielmb007

It took me some time to stabilize Windows 10 on the TPY 14 (20DM008UUS).

I went into a "driver updating rampage" for it and I have it stabilized right now. This are my tips to update the drivers on my Thinkpad Yoga, but you can decide how deep you want to go for driver updating:

1) Try first Windows Update and update all the drivers and Patches

2) Try Lenovo System Update to get any new/missing drivers.

3) Try to install Lenovo Settings and Lenovo Companion from the Windows App Store, Lenovo Companion also has a "update driver search"

4) Sometimes all that software does not recognize some updated / missing driver. Check Lenovo's Support Site and search for your specific model drivers.

This will be the Lenovo supported drivers, but if you want to look for other update drivers directly from the manufacturer (AS IS) you can try:

5) Depending on the machine chipset/processor, you can try Intel Driver Update Utility, or AMD Update Utility.

6) I also like to use DriverEasy, which offers a a decent driver update recognition for free, but also tries to sell you the full version.

Just be warned that the drivers that are not from the Lenovo support site are "AS IS" and under your own risk, I install them since I'm confortable installing, and un-installing Windows drivers, remember that a wrong driver may turn up Windows un-usable.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Top Kudoed Authors