Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanjayc87
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 6,793
Message 1 of 6

Thinkpad yoga 460 - Thinkpad Pen Pro not charging properly

I have recently bought a Thinkpad Yoga 460 with Thinkpad Pen Pro. I leave it in the laptop slot for charging for more than a day and it gives me only a few minutes of usage.

As per the user guide, it should be 80% charge in 15 seconds and 100% after 5 minutes. But it runs out of charge very soon.

It shows me the low battery level indicator as soon as I use it on the screen.

First day of usage (appox 4 days ago) it gave me about 30 - 45 minutes of continuous. But after that not more than 5 minutes.

Please let me know if this is an issue with the Pen or Laptop charging port. Is there any way I can troubleshoot it?

Please also let me know the average usage time for the pen, if you are continuously using it.

Guru
Views: 6,694
Message 2 of 6

Re: Thinkpad yoga 460 - Thinkpad Pen Pro not charging properly

Hi

Welcome to the forums.

I do not have that kind of pen, but I think is the one that has some "bronce contacts" at the top of the pen. I had read some other post about it, just in case check that "contacts" to make sure they are touching with the charger when you put the pen into it's holder. Sometimes the contacts may move.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

jjoconnor
Paper Tape
Views: 6,616
Message 3 of 6

Did this work? I seem to have the exact same problem Smiley Sad

bentay
Paper Tape
Views: 6,258
Message 4 of 6

I have a thinkpad yoga x1 , the pen is not working too. It seems to be a charging issue. The contacts for the charging ports are really deep in. I don't think i can reach it. Is there something that i could do?

Feifel
What's DOS?
Views: 5,946
Message 5 of 6

Just a quick FIX for that. The Fingernail method is funny by the way!

I just sticked some TAPE on the other side of the pen (where are no contacts) Also one drop of superglue on this side will help. See Photos20160531_183446.jpg20160531_183502.jpg

RyanMc
Paper Tape
Views: 4,983
Message 6 of 6

I have the same issue however it is not an issue with the contacts. The pen charges however its battery life is greatly reduced from when new. I believe there is a very small lithium battery in the pen that can only handle so many discharge cycles and can now no longer hold a sufficient charge. I do not know how to fix the problem other than replacing the pen. I have had my computer for less than a year. You would think the pen would last at least a year of use. If you have any suggestions of how to fix this problem other than replacing the pen please let me know?

Thank you!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors