Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_Dude1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,267
Message 1 of 5

Touch Screen doesn't work

The touchscreen on my Yoga 260 isin't working. I first noticed this problem when the screen was acting wierdly. When you tap on your yoga a light circle appears and fades over time to mark or show where you tapped and when you swipe a trail or tail appears behind of where you swiped then disappears over time. So when I opened my Yoga these taps and swipes were appearing all over the screen ramdomly in a very rapid pace. So I restarted my Yoga and saw that the swipes and taps were still there. So I chose to restart the Yoga again and the taps and swipes dissapered. After that I noticed that the touchscreen became unresponsive but the computer runs as normal butthe screen is unresponsive. Before I discovered the problem I could remember dropped the computer a small height but caught it. If there's a solution to this problem I'm happy to listen! Thanks. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,247
Message 2 of 5

Re: Touch Screen doesn't work

It sounds like you may have damaged the front digitizer (for finger touch) when you dropped it

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
The_Dude1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,230
Message 3 of 5

So would I have to replace the entire glass to get the touch feature back or would I just need to replace another componet?

Former Employee
Views: 2,110
Message 4 of 5

In response to customer reports of unexpected active pen or touchscreen behavior including ghost touches, intermittent touch screen function, and no pen or stylus functionality on Yoga 260 ThinkPad systems, Lenovo has provided a solution.

Please contact Lenovo Service and reference Service TIP # SF16-T0100. Please be advised the system will need to be serviced, which will be free under warranty.

Thank you,

phughes200
Blue Screen Again
Views: 935
Message 5 of 5

Can yyou share what Service TIP # SF16-T0100 is? My system is not under warrantty so I would like to get a feel for what is actually involved.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors