Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yp322
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,305
Message 1 of 15

Touchpad problems with Thinkpad Yoga 12- windows 10

So I've had this Yoga 12 for about 3 moths now. In the past month, after I installed a new windows update, the touchpad and trackpoint would not work, like it was disabled. I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling-- did not work. I even reset the computer. STILL DID NOT WORK. So I ran the driver verifier which told me that the one of Lenovo products had problem with it--I don't remember which one-- so I uninstalled it. Still didn't work.

After all that, I tried for the last time to uninstall the synaptics drive. When I uninstalled it... it was still there! I don't know how, but it was still there and now the touchpad and trackpoint both works. Well, sporadically. It will work for a few minutes, then won't work for a few minutes (or more). So.. that's where I am now (actually, right now, as I am writing this, only the trackpoint is working. oop nvm it stopped working).

Any thoughts on how to fix this problem? Thanks!

Also, when the touchpad & trackpoint works, the windows buttons are more condensed, while when it doesn't work, the buttons are more spread out (see below links).

"condensed"

"spread out"

p.s. also, does anybody's computer lag severely when you press the CapsLock button?? Which kind of disables the keyboard for a solid 7 seconds???

Guru
Views: 2,272
Message 2 of 15

Re: Touchpad problems with Thinkpad Yoga 12- windows 10

Hi

Welcome to the forums.

According to your full model number, I can recommend you first to check the Lenovo support site for your model and update the latest drivers.

But there had been also reports that some trackpads of the Thinkpad Yoga 12 had some issues ( ThinkPad Yoga 12 manufactured prior to October 2015. )

Here it is the link about it, please check it out.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

yp322
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,268
Message 3 of 15

Hi

thank you for replying, but all my drivers are fully updated and my model was made after October. I looked at that thread too before posting my question here.

The problem still persists!

thanks

Guru
Views: 2,255
Message 4 of 15

Hi yp322

I'm running out of ideas. Can you please post your full model number and the hardwareID and driver version of you Trackpoint device that shows on the  "Windows Device Manager".

Maybe you already did this, but I would try to uninstall the Mouse Driver from the "Windows Device Manager" and select the option to delete the driver.

The final test for me to know if it is a hardware problem will be to boot a Linux Live CD and see how the mouse performs running other OS.

After that my only idea will be  opening a ticket with Lenovo.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

yp322
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,243
Message 5 of 15

I THINK I SOLVED THE PROBLEM THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

usman118
Paper Tape
Views: 2,203
Message 6 of 15

Hi

I have yoga 12 and faced the same issue. could u please guide how did u handle this problem?

thanks

yp322
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,196
Message 7 of 15

Hey!

I haven's really solved the problem per se, but it works more often than it does not.

You'll need:

Synaptics drive installer

1. Uninstall the synaptics drive, but from the "device manager" sintead of "uninstall programs".
  2. Restart computer. Make sure there are no remaining files after you uninstall, because there was for me. I had to manually delete them. Simple shift+delete does the job (at least, it did for me). Also, make sure to delete both synpatics folder AND the driver folder (they were installed on separate folders in my case).
  3. After deleting all folders, restart the computer again, then install the synaptics drive. Just follow the procedure from then on!
  4. After installing, restart again.

Hope it works out for you!

usman118
Paper Tape
Views: 2,185
Message 8 of 15

Thanks. I have followed your instructions but could not be able to solve the issue. I m thinking to install windows 7 or 8.1 instead and will see if it works

thanks again

usman118
Paper Tape
Views: 2,182
Message 9 of 15

addition to above, the drivers installation seems fine but device manager shows driver error and the pop-up appeared whenever i have tried to open mouse-settings from control panel..

yp322
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,175
Message 10 of 15

did the pop-up message say something like "cannot connect to driver. you gotta uninstall the driver. uninstall now?" that happened to me too, so I just uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything again. Be sure to restart.
Top Kudoed Authors