Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-08-2014

Russia

1 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 1 of 2

Touchscreen stopped working, ThinkPad Yoga

2014-10-08, 11:06 AM

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga S1, Windows 8.1

The touchscreen stopped working, although the pen works.

How can I fix it?

Options

5 Posts

04-16-2014

Chicago

8 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Touchscreen stopped working, ThinkPad Yoga

2014-10-31, 1:16 AM

I have the same issue.  This first occurred back in May or June when it all of a sudden stopped responding to touch.  Additionally, the auto-rotation was disabled as well as the trackpad lock when the screen is bent all the way back.  I finally got around to sending it in last week and earlier this week I got it back with a factory image loaded onto the machine.  After booting up, the touchscreen was working perfectly fine as was the auto-rotation and trackpad lock.  I then proceeded to start installing Windows updates and after the last installation, I discovered that the screen had become unresponsive again!  To me, this indicates that some update had disabled the screen and indeed, under Device Manager, the HID-compliant touch screen is noted as being disconnected.  I'm not entirely sure how to reconnect the screen, so if anybody has suggestions that would be appreciated.

On a separate note, I called Lenovo software support and after explaining the situation to the technician on the phone, he then told me that I would have to buy software warranty for them to fix it.  This is ridiculous!  Why should I have to pay Lenovo to fix a problem that stems from a probable incompatibiity of their own software/drivers with Windows updates?  And after I complained about this hypocrisy, he even had the gall to suggest to me to talk with a "computer-savvy friend" who might be able to help.  I spent a lot of money on this machine, and for me to get that kind of service is incredibly disappointing.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms