Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 7 (441 Views)

Touchscreen stops working after using pen

Hi there! 

I've had my Lenovo Yoga ThinkPad 14 for less than two weeks, and I'm having some issues. For some reason, when I use the pen, I sometimes can not use the touchscreen with my fingers or another non-active stylus afterwards. Both the pen and the touchpad still work, but not the actual screen itself. It doesn't last forever, but I haven't found anything that fixes the problem immediately - even putting it to sleep doesn't work sometimes. I've tried taking the computer in and out of tablet mode, replacing the pen in the charging port, etc. I have also run the latest updates on my computer, and have had the issue both before and after. It just decides to stop working and then I have to wait until it decides to start working again. Frustrating when you're trying to take notes during a big phone call for work!

I only have two or three days left to return the computer if this is a major issue, so I have two questions, really. 1) Does it seem like a software problem or a hardware problem? I.E. Is there a driver or something I can download to update a fix or something? Or do I need to get the laptop itself looked at? And 2) Is this a common problem? I've seen other posts about similar issues, but they seem to be a constant issue, not an intermittent one like mine. 

Any help or advice would be appreciated! I don't want to get stuck with a half-functioning laptop because I didn't return it in time, but I also still like the computer itself. 

Thanks in advance!

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 7 (376 Views)

Re: Touchscreen stops working after using pen

I'm having this problem right after using the pen on an app like onenote in tablet mode

Guru
Message 3 of 7 (346 Views)

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Can you please specify the full model number of your Thinkpad? Also if you are using the pen that cames with it, or any other pen like the "Lenovo ThinkPad Pen Pro".

We can give it a try updating some of the drivers.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 7 (330 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, since I'm having this exact problem with the same computer, I thought I'd provide you with the answers to that question. I have a Lenovo Yoga 14 ThinkPad Model Type 20FY0002US and I'm using the pen that came with the laptop.

Guru
Message 5 of 7 (312 Views)

Hi

I'm not complete sure about it but do you want to give it a try to update the WinTab driver.

WinTab Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit), 8.1 (64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad Yoga 14 (Type 20F...

Give it a try to see if it improved the situation. Otherwise we can try the wacom driver.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 7 (306 Views)

hi thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didnt fix the problem. Can you suggest a wacom driver that might fix the problem?

Guru
Message 7 of 7 (303 Views)

Hi

I know that some Thinkpad Yoga like mine (TPY 14) works fine with the Wacom Feel Driver.

But first uninstall the Wintab driver from "Control Panel - Programs".

After that you can install the Wacom Feel Driver.

http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver/

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton

Top kudoed Authors