Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kerstin1
Paper Tape
Views: 8,111
Message 1 of 26

Trackpad problems windows 10 - thinkpad yoga 12

I upgraded to Windows 10 and multifinger gestures on my Thinkpad Yoga 12 stopped working. Even simple mouse movements are not smooth any more. Does anyone know how to solve these issues or which drivers I need to install? Thanks!

bbeaver
Punch Card
Views: 8,006
Message 2 of 26

Re: Trackpad problems windows 10 - thinkpad yoga 12

http://www.synaptics.com/en/drivers.php

You could try these new drivers. You may have received those already via windows update.

Jlotu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,992
Message 3 of 26

The only drivers that seem to work with Windows 10 for me on my Yoga S1 is the latest version on synaptics website (19.0.19.1).  

After upgrading to Windows 10, I've experienced every trackpad issue that has been described on these forums, but mainly the trackpad would stop working after waking up my Thinkpad after it was asleep and I would have to uninstall/reinstall the synaptics drivers.  

The latest driver available from Lenovo, I think it's 19.0.16, caused the most trackapd issues.  The version from Windows Update (19.0.17) caused trackpad issues occasionally, but unpredictably.  the 19.0.19 drivers from synaptics is the only where everything trackpad related works, however I can't use the touch point buttons.  I can use the touch point itself to move the cursor, but the middle and right click do not work at all, but if that means I can get a 100% reliable trackpad, I'll take it.  Lenovo needs to update their Windows 10 drivers ASAP

TWGerard
What's DOS?
Views: 7,874
Message 4 of 26

Thanks for the detailed writeup. This matches my experience as well. Lenovo, please release a working Windows 10 driver.

Former Employee
Views: 7,806
Message 5 of 26

Lenovo is currently investigating customer reports of unexpected touchpad/ trackpoint behavior on ThinkPad Yoga 12 laptops running Windows 10.

Multiple cases are under investigation by Level 2 engineering.

I will post again when more information becomes available.

Thank you,

Jlotu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,734
Message 6 of 26

Latest 19.0.17.3 drivers from Lenovo still do not fix the problem, trackpad stops working after waking from sleep, restarting, or shutting down/powering on.  19.0.19.1 drivers from Synaptics are still the only version that keeps the trackpad working reliably, but trackpad movements (cursor movement, two finger scrolling, etc.) not as smooth as official Lenovo drivers. 

Lenovo, please fix this problem. 

Twistappointed
Paper Tape
Views: 7,715
Message 7 of 26

I installed 19.0.17.2 and my trackpad works fine when freshly booted, but let the machine go to sleep and the direction the cursor moves ends up 90 degrees from the motion on the trackpad. So if I let the machine go to sleep I have to reboot if I want to use it.

I have come to accept that Lenovo will never be able to make my Auto Rotate function properly, now they have added yet another frustration to using their product.

wjorka
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,544
Message 8 of 26

How far is the development of better drivers? Is there a way for me to help by sending technical data?

My trackpad also stopped working after using touchscreen or different actions. I tried to install newer Synaptics drivers, but then my keyboard stopped working. I uninstalled all Synaptics / Lenovo drivers for keyboard and trackpad. With the basic Windows 10 drivers the touchpad isn't working at all and things like keyboard backlight, too, but at least the keyboard is working. So I only use external mouses or touchpad and I hope that Lenovo gives us an update, soon.

--
Thinkpad Yoga 12 / Modell 20DL0014GE / BIOS 1.20 / Windows 10 Home
Highlighted
TWGerard
What's DOS?
Views: 7,538
Message 9 of 26

Lenovo has done nothing to fix this problem as far as I am aware. I have tried several times to return my laptop to them for this reason and never even heard back from them about that. As far as I am concerned they stole my money and gave me a broken machine.

wjorka
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,536
Message 10 of 26

I wouldn't give up. In some cases it takes a while. As far as I understood Amy, they are working on it. But I think after 2 months they should give us an update

--
Thinkpad Yoga 12 / Modell 20DL0014GE / BIOS 1.20 / Windows 10 Home

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors