Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TWGerard
What's DOS?
Views: 3,791
Message 11 of 26

Re: Trackpad problems windows 10 - thinkpad yoga 12

I have been trying to fix this problem since I ordered my laptop in July.

Robustoma
What's DOS?
Views: 3,773
Message 12 of 26

I ordered and received this Yoga 12 in the Spring of 2015 with Windows 8.1. This was probably my fifth Thinkpad. One decisive feature in my purchases has been the trackpoint, which I find to be very efficient. Very shortly after I received my Yoga, I began to have problems with the trackpoint and the touchpad.  I primarily used the machine on a docking station with an external keyboard (Thinkpad bluetooth keyboard with trackpoint).  But I noticed that when I used the machine directly, then after a very short time after I got to the desktop (a minute) the trackpoint would lock up.  But I could move the curser with the touchpad.  Shortly thereafter, the touchpad would lock up and then the curser would just disappear. 

After many calls to tech support and after trying to reinstall the OS from scratch, I finally  had to send the computer into Lenovo.  I got it back quickly and apparently the physical hardware had unseated and had to be reseated.  All was well until about a month ago.  I am now having the symptom that the trackpoint stops working shortly after boot up.  The touchpad seems to be ok. 

So the primary reason for my buying the Thinkpad, the trackpoint, is useless when I am not on the docking station.  So I, too, am feeling somewhat ripped off.

bradtalk
Paper Tape
Views: 3,683
Message 13 of 26

I got the same issue for my X1 carbon laptop. I didnt want to upgrade to windows 10 from my windows 7( I paid $50 to keep the windows 7 other than windows 8 when i bought it), but the system is so annoying, it pops up the upgrade information everyday so i have to upgrade it to windows 10 in order to get rid of those reminders. After i got upgraded, the touchpad didnt go well, I have to tap twice or three times to get it respond. This is super disappointed. I want to downgrade to windows 7. 

Highlighted
Former Employee
Views: 3,685
Message 14 of 26

Some customers have reported that the touchpad and trackpoint on Yoga 12 laptops randomly stop working. Lenovo has made a solution available to assist these customers.

If you are experiencing this issue and your ThinkPad Yoga 12 was manufactured prior to October 2015, please contact Lenovo Service for Support and reference Service TIP #SF15-T0095/ HT116650. The fix requires the laptop be serviced.

Thank you,

Robustoma
What's DOS?
Views: 3,590
Message 15 of 26

Amy,

I called tech support in Atlanta and spoke with "Fatima".  Very professional but had no idea about this fix, even with the tip referenced in your email.  I was given a service case number and the box will arrive tomorrow to ship my machine back to service for the second time.  Frankly, I have no confidence that there will be a fix if the service people I'm talking to have no idea about the fix you describe.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Regards,

Rob

Former Employee
Views: 3,579
Message 16 of 26

Rob,

While the person you spoke with at Service may not be completely familiar with the issue, if you shared the Service TIP and symptoms experienced, this important information will be in the case notes accessed by the technicians when your Yoga 12 arrives at the big Think depot in Tennessee.

Lenovo's 3rd Level Engineering recently visited the depot and shared their pictures. The warehouse is huge! Dozens of tractor trailers drop off and pick up Lenovo devices every day, receiving and returning repaired devices to customers a day or two later. 

While Service TIPs are helpful for customers, for servicing technicians they are vital because they provide step-by-step procedures and pictures on how to make a successful repair. Investigating a pervasive issue and providing a solution helps not only you, Lenovo's customer, with receiving a fix and ease in contacting Customer Service, but also reduces time at the depot by streamlining repairs, provides an adjustment to parts logistics if needed, and alerts other parts of the business, introducing efficiency into a very complex system. My favorite part? Service TIPs are available world-wide 24/7 via Lenovo's Support website to customers and servicers.

When your Yoga 12 arrives in Tennessee, it will enter the depot, have the solution applied, and be back on its way to you as quickly as Lenovo can do so.

Once you've shipped your laptop, you can check the current status of your repair here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/repairstatus

Thank you,

Jlotu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,572
Message 17 of 26

Does my Yoga12 need to be under warranty to be fixed? The warranty recently ran out and I just received it back from getting a new screen replaced just before it ran out. Technician at the depot found no issue with the touch pad because I had the synaptics 19.19.1 drivers installed, which is only a bandaid to the problem. Regardless, I really regret buying this laptop.
Robustoma
What's DOS?
Views: 3,562
Message 18 of 26

I guess we will see if they fix it this second time.  Hopefully the fix doesn't require a drive wipe and reinstall.

Robustoma
What's DOS?
Views: 3,491
Message 19 of 26

Got the Yoga 12 back today.  Quick turnaround.  Trackpoint is working again and they didn't have to wipe the drive.  But here's the thing.  This is the second time I got the machine back where the tech noted "re-seated component".  So, what exactly are they re seating and why is it coming unseated?  Can someone from Lenovo tell me what is going on?  never had this issue with the four previous Thinkpads I've owned. 

wjorka
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,440
Message 20 of 26

In my case they wrote that they replaced (re-seated?) the mainboard. It works pretty good!

--
Thinkpad Yoga 12 / Modell 20DL0014GE / BIOS 1.20 / Windows 10 Home

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors