Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daddi0
What's DOS?
Views: 1,478
Message 21 of 26

Re: Trackpad problems windows 10 - thinkpad yoga 12

I have a brand new Yoga 12 with Windows 10.  The keyboard works intermitently and the trackpad works only a few seconds at a time then quits.  I can't figure out what is triggering it to reappear.  The trackpoint does not work at all.  

All of them worked fine until I rotated into tablet mode for the first time.  Now the computer does not seem to know it is not in tablet mode any more.  Cursor will flash onto the screen for a second and is moveable with the trackpad, but will disappear and stop working seconds later.  I have rebotted many times, flash upgraded bios, updated all drivers including the synaptic drivers.  When I reboot it enters tablet mode and disables all inputs instantly at the login screen.  Laptop works fine on dock, with external mouse and keyboard and seems to be fine in tablet mode.  I can't live my life in tablet mode.  Please help!!

shortstocks
What's DOS?
Views: 1,386
Message 22 of 26

Hi Amy - 

I just got my Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12 8 weeks ago, so I imagine it was manufactured after October 2015. However, this problem is certainly something that my ThinkPad suffers from. Will I need to send my device away with the same reference Service TIP? 

Thanks

!

zaxmcypt
Paper Tape
Views: 938
Message 23 of 26

Reseating component means just reseating the touchpad click cable and testing. If it works well and good if it does not, another part is replaced.

zaxmcypt
Paper Tape
Views: 937
Message 24 of 26

Re-image and all will be well.

drskhan
HDMI
Views: 858
Message 25 of 26

I am having the same issue with my Yoga 12. Being Doctor & working in hospital I get frustrated by this repeated annoying problem interrupting my office work to such an extent that i downgraded to Windows 7.

So far no issues with trackpad and mouse under windows 7.

drskhan
HDMI
Views: 803
Message 26 of 26

I am having the same issue and it is driving me nuts when it suddenly freezes and stops responding during my work in hospital. Very frustrating. For a lay perosn like me kindly facilitate what exactly is solution in this regard ?

Any facilitation please Lenovo community ?

Regards

Dr Khan

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors