Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FinancialWar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 973
Message 1 of 6

Trackpoint scroll lag and scroll hyper sensitivity on Yoga 460

Just received my yoga and downgraded to windows 7, even with the vertical scroll set to one line, the trackpoint is very sensitive.

Also there is a initial lag with the trackpoint scroll, if I'm using the trackpoint for the first after a webpage turn, the first light touch is not registered, you have move the trackpoint very hard, which caused the page to move very fast down the page.

Overall using the trackpoint on the yoga 460 (maybe with W10, it is different), has been an aweful experience so far, is there a patch or update that I didn't know about?

Btw, I have Elan pointing device installed, I can not find Ultranav anymore, why is that? Elan pointing device seem to have less function than Ultranav.

ccp
Fanfold Paper
Views: 909
Message 2 of 6

Re: Trackpoint scroll lag and scroll hyper sensitivity on Yoga 460

I have this problem as well on Windows 10. It appears as though this is a software driver problem for two reasons:

1) the problem has occurred with other models, like the T450 (see below), and fixed with a device driver update,

2) you can actually see the specific coding error. Normally, if you click on the middle button, a the mouse cursor turns into a minature, vertical scrollbar icon, when you attempt to scroll down the icon remains vertical, and when you try to scroll sideways, the icon flips to horizontal. This particular problem seems to be intermittent, so sometimes scrolling works normally. However, when the problem is active, the scrollbar icon flips to horizontal when vertical scrolling is attempted, suggesting a software bug. As such the software does not interpret downward pressure as indicating a signal to scroll vertically, so the scroll function appears frozen or unresponsive. With increasing pressure, the icon eventually flips to vertical again. At this point, there is significant pressure on the trackpoint, so scrolling is very rapid or "hypersensitive."

Lenovo: PLEASE FIX THIS!!! This is an incredibly frustrating problem that renders the computer nearly unusable. 

BTW, I know this is not a hardware problem because I've already sent my computer in on a service request and they replaced the keyboard and trackpoint. Using Lenovo Companion, I have ensured that all of my software and drivers are up to date. I've even attempted manual driver updates. This suggests that the drivers have not been fixed yet. 

T450 forum discussion: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T450s-scrolling-issues/td-p/2058728/page...

ccp
Fanfold Paper
Views: 908
Message 3 of 6

Oops! I have a Yoga 260. This is apparently the same problem though.
'
Lenovo: please fix both drivers!
ccp
Fanfold Paper
Views: 898
Message 4 of 6

A clarification...The icon appears when using the Microsoft Edge browser.
Highlighted
FinancialWar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 893
Message 5 of 6

Well I sold my Yoga 460, there were just too many quirks with it. I got Yoga 12 instead, but it has its own trackpoint issues. Can't believe Lenovo still can not make a trackpoint properly after doing it for so many years now.

upacreek
Fanfold Paper
Views: 553
Message 6 of 6

Really disappointed Lenovo is moderating the forums and deleting posts.  Just because I posted the same response on a similar thread does not mean that other people using different search terms (and different models) will find the response I posted in the other thread.

This problem is still going on.  Win 10 Pro is no different on my Yoga 460 20EM model shipped in earl April 2017.  I have updated all drivers and changed the sensitivity from light to heavy and tweaked other settings and the problem still exists.

As I stated in another thread, I've used ThinkPads since the 600 series and specifically buy ThinkPads because of the trackpoint feature.  Very few people actually take the time to report issues and give details to help resolve the programming problems.  Deleting posts (even if a duplicate in another thread) only hurts the people that are searching for answers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors