cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Views: 3,128
Message 1 of 1

Twist - Is headphone only mode multi-stream or classic?

Shortly after I received my Twist I configured per: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Edge-Knowledge-Base/Audio-coming-from-headphone-and-speakers-de... . That KB article stated that in order to force the Twist to only output audio from the headphones when headphones are plugged in Realtek HD Audio Manager must be set to "multi-stream" mode. 

Today, I was at the library doing some research and listening to some music that was inappropriate for a library environment at a decent volume level. I have sound isolating headphones. Someone came up to me and let me know that sound was outputting from my speakers.

Did something recently change in the Realtek HD Audio Manager? I need consistency in the behavior of the headphone jack. I shouldn't have to worry that every time I use headphones I'm going to be sharing whatever I'm listening to with the people around me. I have headphones plugged into the machine because I should be the only one hearing the audio. Today this was simply embarrassing, but if it happens again I could be listening to confidential information. Any help to resolve this issue is appreciated.

X1 Carbon 3rd Gen Type 20BT i7-5500U, 2560x1440 (non-touch), Win 10 Pro, 8GB RAM, 512 SSD, Intel 7625 WiFi, BT 4.0 | ThinkVision P24q-10 monitor

------------------------------------------
When asking for help, post your question in the forum. Remember to include your system type, model number, and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help others with the same question in the future.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors